POSITION PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Finance Manager will be responsible for oversight of finance, accounting, payroll and reporting activities.
- The Finance Manager will oversee all financial operations of a $10 million budget.
- The Finance Manager will ensure that the Neighborhood Defender Service (NDS) has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- He or she will have responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration.
- He or she will manage the Assistant Finance Manager’s work, schedule and set work priorities.
- He or she will provide short term analysis of all financial information, forecast for future needs as well as providing long term projections to support the growth of the organization.
- He or she will create, monitor and maintain internal controls and safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Oversees all audit activity in conjunction with the COO.
- Ensures the thorough and consistent analyzing of all financial data and creation of financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitors progress, changes and will keep senior leadership abreast of NDS’ financial status.
- Assists NDS’ leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administers and reviews all financial plans and comparison to actual results.
- Actively engages in financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensures that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collates financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- He or she will partner with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the human resources (HR) staff and information technology (IT) consultants to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Ten (10) or more years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders. He or she must have experience in a complex nonprofit that has multiple activities.
- Minimum of a BA, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Demonstrated experience in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including non-finance managers.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please check out our website at: www.ndsny.org