Youth CITIES (Creating Impact Through Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Sustainability) is seeking an entrepreneurial Executive Director who will oversee the growth of the organization as it plans to scale.
Youth CITIES is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a mission to develop an entrepreneurial mindset among youth living in the Greater Boston area. For the past 10 years, Youth CITIES has been a volunteer-run organization. It is now looking to broaden its impact and scale, and restructuring to become an operationally-efficient organization with the proper infrastructure to impact more young people. In 2014, the innovation economy of Massachusetts contributed $210 billion in economic output for the state. Youth CITIES’ programming is vital to building and maintaining a diverse pipeline of youth who are well-positioned to be the game-changing future leaders of our robust innovation economy.
The Executive Director will oversee the development and execution of the 5-year growth strategy for the organization consistent with its mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director role will initially average 20 hours per week and will work alongside the Founding Executive Director during the transition phase. This is a volunteer role during the transition period. Upon the completion of the transition, the Executive Director role will become full-time, paid Executive Director of Youth CITIES.
The Executive Director will be responsible for formalizing the 5-year strategy and designing the organization and financial plan needed to operationalize this growth strategy. The interim Executive Director will have the authority to carry out the day-to-day responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board.
- Ensure that the organization has an achievable, consistent, and efficient five-year strategy.
- Provide leadership in developing and managing operational plans and financial plans with the Board of Directors and Founding Executive Director. Carry out plans and policies.
- Work with the Founding Executive Director on programming strategy.
- Provide general oversight of all Youth CITIES executive activities.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assure a smoothly-functioning, efficient organization.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with Founding Executive Director and Board in preparing a budget.
- Ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Work with Founding Executive Director and Board of Directors to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in nonprofit or business management.
- Experience overseeing the financial performance and viability of an organization or business unit. This includes the ability to fundraise and develop other revenues to support an organizational mission.
- Experience collaborating with senior management and /or boards of governors.
- Strategic planning experience to fulfill an organizational mission through programs, events and community relations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to facilitate understanding across multiple audiences and inspire confidence with the community, staff, and families.
- Passion for entrepreneurship, youth, and diverse populations, with views aligned with the organization’s approach.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
About Youth CITIES
Youth CITIES seeds students with an entrepreneurial mindset that turns them into the game-changing leaders of tomorrow. We do this through four structured programs that unleash their critical thinking skills and challenges them to always ask, “what if.” We provide curriculum, tools to tinker with, and access to thought leaders who guide them as they explore solutions for existing and future world challenges. Learn more at www.youthcities.org.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume.