Do you want to work with a group of people striving to create a wiser and kinder world? We value being of service, exceptional teamwork, authentic connection, being direct and kind and honoring human dignity while having a commitment to growth and transformation. The Sounds True Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, currently with a less than one million dollar budget, designed to make transformational education widely available to communities in need, and we are seeking a full-time Executive Director to join our team and help us grow.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the strategic growth plan, program implementation, and administration of the foundation. In addition, this role will be in charge of fundraising, community outreach and managing, tracking, and coordinating all key foundation communications with its existing and potential donors, as well as strategic foundation partnerships.
Program Development and Coordination:
- Set and meet annual goals and priorities for programming, fundraising events, strategic partnerships, and donation/visibility campaigns (e.g., Stay Woke, Give Back Tour; Mindfulness in Schools; MMFT partnership)
- Coordinate, lead, and track key partnership, sponsorship, and fundraising programs for the foundation
Working with the ST Foundation Board of Directors:
- Preparing and hosting an annual meeting with the Foundation Board of Directors
- Keeping the Board of Directors informed of significant developments
Donor/Partner/Sponsor Management and Communications:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate ongoing donor communication plans for existing and prospective donors, strategic partners, and key sponsorships
- Coordinate program-specific updates to foundation supporters and prospective donors/partners for key annual programs
- Coordinate website maintenance to ensure new and consistent information, links, resources, and updates are posted regularly
- Work with Sounds True PR to manage and coordinate all media contacts for key partnerships
- Manage ongoing donor/partner inquiries and communications
- Maintain donor/partner database
Donation and Scholarship Inquiries & Oversight:
- Oversee ongoing and bi-annual MMTCP scholarship and donation programs with Sounds True Customer Service department
- Evaluate and respond to all donation and partnership inquiries via website and through direct contact/outreach
- Prepare and present programming, donor, and financial updates to STF Board of Directors
- Develop and distribute the annual Sounds True Foundation report
- 10 years demonstrated communications and program management experience in non-profit preferred
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing programming and communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key programs/initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Connection to the mission of the Sounds True Foundation preferred
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We believe that the publishing and wellness industries should center more BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ voices and we encourage people with these identities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We offer an excellent working environment and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, supplemental plans, matching 401(k), paid vacation and personal time off, paid holidays, donation matching to nonprofits, paid time off for community service, job-specific training and general education benefits, profit sharing, a pet-friendly workplace and more! The compensation range for this position will be $80,000 - $90,000 annually depending on experience. To learn more about us, visit soundstruefoundation.org.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to HR@soundstrue.com.