The Asia Society is at an exciting moment, as we transition the 65-year-old institution, for increased accessibility and visibility in an increasingly digital world. Concurrent with our first brand refresh in a generation, we are seeking to increase the vibrancy and visibility of our landmark headquarters building on Park Avenue.
We are looking for an individual to lead this effort. Working closely with the President and executive team they will curate the best of our content in arts, performance, education and policy, coupled with exciting experiences in our store, restaurant and museum to make the Asia Society New York Center a world-class destination.
- Create and deploy an innovative strategic plan to greatly elevate visibility and visitorship at the Asia Society’s headquarters building at 725 Park Avenue by creating exciting and unique programs and offerings, centered on our expertise about Asia.
- Develop a healthy financial plan for the New York Center – creatively monetizing our intellectual and physical assets to create earned revenue to be able to have a balanced budget against costs within two years.
- Collaborate with the programming departments of the Society, as well as our 12 other Global Centers, in the development and execution of compelling public programs.
- Working closely with the Chief Merchandizing Officer and Managing Director of Events and Visitor Engagement, develop a strategy to maximize a compelling concept for the store, café/restaurant to be a draw to the building and financially profitable. Also support our building rentals and events to increase profit year over year.
- Work closely with the Chief Digital and Communications Officer to develop effective marketing to build social media buzz and gain earned media about the Asia Society’s programs, initiatives and projects from NYC.
- Help to define “hybrid’ programming, creating the best of online and in-person interactive experiences, deploying industry-leading programmatic digital and video tools and platforms.
- Interface with the building, IT and auxiliary services staff to ensure that the public spaces in the building provide a maximized user experience for all visitors.
- In close collaboration with the Development, Fundraising and Membership Departments, build traffic to the building and attendance at our programs and events while increasing membership and advancing member engagement. Develop measurable metrics to measure attendance and ROI and share this data with the senior team on a weekly basis.
- Act as the Asia Society ambassador in developing and enhancing relationships with community, regional and international political, business and diplomatic leaders, individuals and organizations to further the Society’s mission.
- Position the Asia Society as a second home for Asia diaspora individuals and groups, working with NYC organizations and departments, such as the mayor’s office and the office of the Commissioner of Culture.
- Act as a player coach and lead by example for the NYC Center team, which includes program officers, marketers, fundraisers, and managers of the café, store and rentals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record as an entrepreneurial impresario with the vision, passion, drive, and attention to detail necessary for bringing Asia Society New York public programs to a new level of excellence and provable financial and visitorship success.
- Bachelor Degree in a related filed is required and a Masters’ degree is a plus, with 8-10 years of increasing responsibility in leadership positions. Experience in or with Asia is a plus as is experience with nonprofits, museums or cultural organizations.
- Experience with a CRM and automated marketing tools with knowledge of Salesforce and Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Creative thinker, collaborative team player, proven administrator and manager with ability to plan, organize, market and coordinate events across different disciplines; passion for and commitment to the goals and mission of the Asia Society.
- Commitment to the principles of Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Accessibility in all areas of work, with a strong emphasis on ensuring DEIA for our guests and visitors.
- Fund-raising experience is critical, and comfort in supporting fundraising activities.
- Impeccable integrity, confidence, sense of humor, service orientation, positive attitude and can-do spirit a must.
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple responsibilities and comfort in being able to nimbly readjust priorities as situations rapidly change.
Asia Society offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. For benefits information please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary.
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume indicating position reference code 2209 and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.