Birthwise Midwifery School is an accredited institution that offers a 3-year residential and low-residence midwifery program, a 12-16 month low-residence midwifery assistant program, continuing education for practicing midwives and publishes a research-based journal, Midwifery Matters. We are celebrating our 25th year in 2019, and currently have approximately 75 enrolled students and 9 staff members. Our students are eligible to apply for Federal Financial Aid, the GI Bill and we are able to enroll international students, mostly from Canada. Graduates of Birthwise are eligible to sit for the national exam to become Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs) and can be licensed to practice in 30 states. The founder of the school will be stepping down from the ED position, after a training and transition period, when the new ED is hired. Birthwise is currently a privately held S-Corporation but will transition to non-profit status with the new ED. For more information, visit our website or contact the school directly.
Birthwise is an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who share our commitment to the principles of equity and inclusion in our work as midwives and educators.
Non-midwife candidate- 32 hours/week
Midwife candidate- Full time possible with the addition of course instruction
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, $30-35 per hour
Start Date: To be negotiated, March 2019
Qualifications: A quality candidate for an executive director will have a proven track record of managing people, budgets, and goals. Prior work with non-profit and/or educational organizations is required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
- Program management and personnel supervisory experience
- Demonstrated high-integrity leadership style
- Excellent public speaking, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and computer skills
- Expertise in and commitment to the principles of equity and inclusion
- Experience with non-profits, grant writing, fundraising and marketing preferred
- Familiarity with the midwifery profession and/or childbearing health issues required
- Experience in the field of higher education preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
How To Apply
- Qualified individuals interested in the opportunity should submit a cover letter and an up-to-date CV with references
- Posting will be open until position is filled
- Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org