Eastern PA Down Syndrome Center
Our mission is to equip families and individuals influenced by Down syndrome with the latest medical advancement, social, emotional and educational support in order to maximize each individual’s potential.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for EPDSC staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The applicant will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance management team
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring any debt.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities for funding and donations
- Manage and oversee current and future grant opportunities
Planning & New Business:
- Design and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be a presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to EPDSC mission. All candidates should have a passion for people and proven leadership, relationship management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally an MBA, with experience in nonprofit organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff;
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
How To Apply
Email resumes to: Patti Mertz firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eastern PA Down Syndrome Center 610-402-0184 epdsc.net