Kitsap Community Resources
Effective/Revised Date: 08/23/2017 Exempt: X Non-Exempt:
Job Title: Executive Director
Position Classification: Executive Director
The Executive Director leads and oversees all activities of Kitsap Community Resources (KCR), consistent with KCR’s mission, vision and organizational values; Board of Directors policies and directives; and applicable laws and funding source requirements. This includes establishment of a healthy forward-looking organizational culture that supports those who KCR serves, employees and volunteers. This individual makes policy recommendations to and supports the Board, guides the organization through strategic planning, and establishes operational and communication systems for KCR that align with best practices. The Executive Director champions community action for low-income residents, and actively engages with community organizations and leaders, and state and national community action associations.
Bachelor’s Degree plus six years experience or Master’s degree plus four years experience in social services or a related field including management, budgeting and supervisory experience. Prefer strong oral and written communication skills; executive level experience and proficiency with computers. Must have understanding of needs and problems of low-income people.
Essential Physical/Mental functions:
Requires ability to travel to and from KCR locations and other locations as needed. Requires accuracy, ability to express complex concepts and ideas, good judgment and the ability to remain calm under pressure and provide appropriate advice, information and training. Must be able to exhibit regular attendance.
Reports to: Board of Directors
All duties and requirements listed in this job description are essential job functions. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Exemplifies professionalism, ethics and accountability
- Provides leadership and personal involvement in carrying out agency mission and vision
- Models respect for diversity in regard to age, sex, race, creed, ethnic origin, or disability
- Creates and sustains customer focus through quality values and continuous improvement
- Strengthens the agency through innovation and employee empowerment
- Participates, assumes leadership roles, and insures success on KCR policy making bodies and process improvement teams
- Leads innovation of positive cultural change
- Oversees budget process (preparation, monitoring, maximizing)
- Develops business opportunities consistent with mission and Board approval
- Oversees the process of insuring successful relationships with funders through compliance, reporting and overall cultivation
3. Internal Operations
- Supervises program development, operation and evaluation
- Promotes and supports team process management
- Supervises and insures the training, orientation and evaluation of managers and employees
- Develops leaders within the organization
- Recognizes employee contributions
- Promotes a positive work environment and insures employee morale
- Resolves disputes
- Promotes KCR to the community, its mission and values
- Represents KCR to national, state and local governments
- Actively engages in community organizations, as well as state and national associations
5. Accepts other duties as assigned.
KITSAP COMMUNITY RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
Submit the following required documents to apply: KCR application packet; Resume; and College diploma or transcripts. Applicants can send their documents to email@example.com or may mail it to Human Resources, 845 8th Street, Bremerton, Washington 98337.
Full Job description and application available at www.kcr.org or weekdays 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM at 845 8th Street, Bremerton, Washington 98337.
Position closes 4:00 PM October 06, 2017.
Interviews tentatively scheduled October 25, 2017 – November 08, 2017