Helping people move from poverty toward prosperity.
~ Mission of Community Action, Inc. in Topeka.
The Executive Director is the primary, day-to-day leader for this multi-faceted, non-profit corporation. The Director promotes and furthers the agency mission and values, protects the best interests of the corporation, strategically positions the organization for the future, represents Community Action publicly, and provides a united approach to general oversight of all staff. The Director ensures the Board has the information and tools needed to effectively govern the corporation.
Community Action offers competitive wages and an impressive array of paid and other employee benefits. The Executive Director's salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Review of applications will begin May 11 and interviews are expected to be scheduled soon thereafter.
Interested candidates are required to apply through Indeed and include a cover letter that addresses each of the following job qualifications:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $74,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
How To Apply
Interested candidates are required to
- Apply through Indeed: http://indeedhi.re/3Nzi1AW
- Include a Cover Letter that addresses each of the following job qualifications:
- Background that includes a receipt of a high school diploma or equivalent and formal, post-secondary education in one or more areas of management, administration, advocacy, and/or human services.
- At least one year of professional experience working for and reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors, committees and/or other governing groups.
- At least two years’ successful professional experience managing a program or organization with multiple public and private funding streams and regulations.
- At least one-year’s successful, professional experience inspiring and leading front-line and management staff, from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities, on a common mission or goal, and, overall personnel management.
- Successful, professional experience writing public and private grants and managing program-level and/or organization-wide budgets.
- Demonstrated, successful professional experience developing and maintaining relationships with public officials, other non-profit organizations, civic and community organizations, and for-profit businesses.
- Previous, professional engagement in policy advocacy.
- Strong understanding of the vision, values, and mission of Community Action.
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Experience: Employment in an actual Community Action agency: 1 year (Preferred)
- Language: Spanish (Preferred)
- License/Certification: Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) (Preferred)