Position: Executive Director
Organization Description: The Walnut Creek Library Foundation is a community-based 501(c) (3) organization that exists to enrich the experience at our Walnut Creek libraries. We do this through programming, fund raising and advocacy. http://www.wclibrary.org/
Job Summary: The Executive Director is the chief administrative officer for the Foundation and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for all aspects of the Foundation. The Executive Director is charged with administration of the policies and procedures of the organization in accordance with its articles of incorporation and by-laws, national and local laws, and relevant authorities, and for implementing the decisions of the Board of Directors. In the role of chief fundraiser and “face of the Foundation,” the Executive Director represents the organization to the community. The Executive Director will provide leadership ensuring that the WCLF has the necessary capabilities to achieve its mission of ensuring that the Foundation enriches the experience at the Walnut Creek libraries.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated success in a leadership position, ideally in a cultural organization.
- Have a proven track record as an effective fundraiser.
Leadership and Vision:
- Provide executive leadership and staff support for the Foundation and its Board of Directors.
- Support the Board’s long-range strategic plan and work with board members and committees to achieve consistent and timely progress on the plan.
Administration and Management:
- Ensure effective systems to track and administer the fiduciary functions of the Foundation in accordance with best practices and to make certain that the Foundation is operating with utmost integrity and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage the Human Resources function for the Foundation. Supervise staff (part-time contract workers: one program manager, one bookkeeper, one web/IT support) and any specialized consultants (i.e. graphic designers), and provide administrative support for Board committees and other groups assisting the Foundation.
- Provides a monthly report to the board of directors that includes activities and meetings attended.
Fundraising and Communications:
- Manage fundraising initiatives and events designed to acquire donors, raise funds, and attract mainstream philanthropies. Work with the VP of Development to encourage participation of the Board in these activities.
- In collaboration with the VP of Marketing & Communications, deepen and refine all aspects of communication – with goal of creating a strong(er) brand for the Foundation within the community.
- Lead staff in logistical support of the annual Authors Gala, Gala Sponsors Reception, Donor Appreciation events, and other fundraising or special events sponsored by the Foundation.
- Provide executive leadership and staff support, with the assistance of staff, to the volunteers who compose the various board committees and other groups engaged in the program committee, endowment/investment committee, gala committee, and others as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Board of Directors.
- Build relations with and represent WCLF to key stakeholders, donors, leadership volunteers, the City of Walnut Creek, and the public, as well as groups and associations, agencies and the media.
- The Executive Director reports to the president of the Board of Directors and is a non-voting member of the Board.
Salary: Full-time exempt position with annual starting salary of $75,000 - negotiable.
How To Apply
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone inquiries