The Los Angeles Center of Photography (LACP) seeks an Executive Director (ED) with leadership, strategic planning and fundraising experience, as well as a passion for photography and the photographic community. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be based at the organization’s location in Los Angeles, California.
In partnership with the board of directors, the ED is responsible for developing, planning, and executing LACP’s programs and fundraising, including special events, major gifts and grants. In partnership with the Board of Directors, the ED will create and execute a new vision and strategic plan for the organization.
Essential functions of the executive director include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers
- Refine the organization’s mission and vision and develop a strategic plan that ensures financial success while inspiring creativity
- Develop and manage the annual budget
- Develop and execute annual fundraising and operating plans in support of the mission and our stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the organization and collaborate with Director of Operations and Education, who oversees programs, marketing, and events.
- Secure sustainable financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Grow earned income from programs and events
- Increase LACP’s prominence in the local, national and international photographic arts communities and grow its membership base
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for LACP
- Innovative, inspirational leader with a deep knowledge and understanding of the local, national and international photography community.
- Has the ability to provide and nurture relationships with artists, curators, and collectors including an understanding of, and passion for photography and photographic practices of all genres
- Ability to cultivate major individual and institutional donors in the LA arts community
- Knowledge of fundraising methodologies and the donor lifecycle, particularly major gift fundraising
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong collaboration skills
- High degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Focused and clear management skills applicable to a creative nonprofit arts organization
- Ability to create a diverse and inclusive workspace environment
Qualifications and requirements
- Passion and genuine belief in the organization’s mission
- Five years of prior executive experience with a related nonprofit organization is preferred
- Master's and/or Bachelor's degree in photography or art is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well and collaborate with media, staff, the photographic community and the community of Greater Los Angeles
- LACP offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a health plan
The Los Angeles Center of Photography is a passionate community of professional and emerging photographers, students, educators, collectors, and supporters of photography across Los Angeles and beyond. It is a community where photographers of all backgrounds and skill levels are inspired to learn, grow, develop their artistic vision, gain confidence, and achieve their goals.
The Center is an inviting space where our members and the public can gather to collaborate, take classes, use our studio and lab spaces, attend lectures, screenings, and gallery openings, plug into the LA photography scene, or just hang out. The Center is equipped with state-of-the-art studio, darkroom, and printing facilities. It is filled with natural light and hung with frequently changing exhibits that feature the work of our members, the youth we support and acclaimed photographers worldwide. The Center regularly sponsors competitions and themed programs. For more information, please visit: www.lacphoto.org
How To Apply
Please send resume and the reason for your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org