The Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired (GDABVI) is looking for an Executive Director to ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and the quality of its finance & administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
Leadership & Management:
- Actively engage and energize GDABVI Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support the Board of Directors, serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations and the national rollout
- Lead, coach, develop and retain GDABVI's high-performing team
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, evaluate program components and effectively communicate to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and funding activities to support existing program operations and continued expansion, including seeking out and writing grants.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications from web presence to external relations
Planning & New Business:
- Design the expansion and strategic business planning process
- Build partnership in new markets, establish relationships with funders, political and community leaders
- Communicate program results
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to communicate the organization's mission and vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with government agencies, community leaders, funders, and the general public
- Demonstrated ability in securing grants and gifts
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long and short-range development initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong grant writing and effective storytelling skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- At least three to five years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online through the following link:
The Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The GDABVI is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.