In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. It is with great pleasure and excitement that AMCF announces our request for inquiries for the following role:
June 14, 2021
Founded in 2016, American Muslim Community Foundation (AMCF) is an innovative and award-winning national community foundation dedicated to leading sustainable and strategic Muslim philanthropy for today and future generations. AMCF’s mission is to cultivate donor giving and diversify funding to advance charitable causes.
AMCF is at a crucial stage of institutional development, as we embark on hiring our very first external high level executive. The successful Executive Director (ED) candidate will lead the growth and development of AMCF, as we shift away from start-up mode to become a self-sustaining institutional household name providing leadership, strength and support not only for AMCF but also the rich nonprofit sector that serves American Muslim communities.
This is a full time, remote position. Travel may be required after pandemic risks subside.
AMCF PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Since its inception in 2016, AMCF has invested more than $4.25 million in grants and programs. AMCF provides a wide range of services and programs under its two strategic areas: the Donor Giving Ecosystem; and the Nonprofit Ecosystem. For the donor, AMCF provides innovative philanthropic services such as donor advised funds and giving circles to encourage and celebrate giving. For the nonprofit, AMCF multiplies grant and funding opportunities, facilitates training and mentorship, hosts nonprofit endowments, and cultivates a network for organizations and leaders to support each other’s work.
The ED reports directly to the Officers Committee (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer), Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead AMCF’s next growth phase, refine AMCF’s organizational structure, recruit and train staff to fill these positions as required to execute on the strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the Board to refine, implement and evaluate AMCF’s strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with AMCF’s core mission.
- Ensure AMCF’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies and associated policies and processes are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization.
- Grow AMCF’s assets and endowment, and develop additional operating income for AMCF to support our long-term sustainability and day-to-day operations.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Manage overall operations, including personnel supervision and administration, hands-on daily financial management, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, building the annual budget and coordinating the annual audit, ensure compliance with all policies and legal and contractual obligations.
- Develop and nurture various relationships (e.g., donors, fund representatives, nonprofits, financial and other advisors) that result in major endowment and other gifts to AMCF.
- Maintain, cultivate, and nurture strong strategic and collaborative relationships with national networks, partners, and organizations.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality programs and services that facilitate and encourage Muslim philanthropy across both of AMCF’s strategic areas like the Muslim Philanthropy Awards, Annual Symposium, Social Impact Accelerator, and Muslim Philanthropy Podcast.
- Develop and strengthen AMCF’s grantmaking program to support nonprofits.
- Develop and implement innovative philanthropic strategies that connect donors with nonprofits to maximize the effectiveness of their giving.
- Represent AMCF in local, regional and national philanthropic circles, and bring to the community the best ideas and practices for building effective responses to community needs.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in one or more nonprofit leadership positions, or equivalent
- Experience in fund development, budgeting of $1M+ USD.
- Experience in fundraising relationship management of an annual fund, major gifts, and grant writing, along with strategic planning.
- Experience in staff recruitment, supervision, training and mentoring.
- Demonstrated experience working in the Muslim community sector; strong connection to the American Muslim community.
- Strong financial, organizational and project management experience and skills.
- Superb oral and written communication skills; well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in online collaboration tools, customer relationship management tools, fundraising software and donor databases and tools.
- Experience in community foundations, including familiarity with fund development, finance/investments, donor-advised funds, grantmaking, fiscal sponsorship, endowments, and due diligence.
- Experience working with donors, donor advisors, fund representatives, and collaborating with the Board of Directors and committees.
- Certifications in nonprofit management, fundraising, planned giving, accounting, or other best practices.
Salary commensurate with years of experience, educational qualifications, certifications, location, and skill set alignment with the role, in the range between $75,000 to $95,000, with a competitive benefits package consisting of medical, vision, and dental health coverage.
AMCF is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter describing your skills and qualifications for this position, together with your current resume in one attachment to our Hiring Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: AMCF Executive Director.
AMCF will consider applications on a rolling basis; applications received by Sunday July 18, 2021 at 9 PM Pacific will have priority review.