Peoria Home provides long-term secure housing with an array of support services for women with a history of sex trafficking, prostitution and chemical dependency. Peoria Home assist in identifying the needs and support the women as they navigate outside resources including but not limited to; therapy, drug & alcohol treatment, medical & dental care, legal services, educational opportunities and job training. In addition, Peoria Home operates a Women’s Resource Line, and Community Educational Outreach program.
The Executive Director is the face of the organization, representing Peoria Home to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders and supporters, and the general public. The Executive Director role is tasked with implementing the strategic goals and objectives of the organization; Implements policies by the Board of Directors; support and direct leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, and strategy to reach its mission.
Overview of Functions:
- Board Administration and Support – Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and Staff.
- Program, Product and Service Delivery – Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services.
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Human Resource Management – Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Community and Public Relations – Assures the organization and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Acts as the spokesperson for Peoria Home.
- Executes board-approved policies.
- Directs and oversees short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Attends Board meetings.
- Directs and oversees staff members.
- Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
- Coordinates and participates in volunteer training.
- Assists in soliciting and orienting new Board members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative partnerships with community service providers and key stakeholders.
- Advocates for rights and needs of Peoria Home residents both within the organization and to public stakeholders.
- Provides local, regional, and national advocacy and education for the mission and programs of Peoria Home.
- Directs and coordinates annual fundraising event(s).
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies and goals that further strategic objectives
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Establish good working relationship with other team members.
- Foster positive communications and relationships with other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders, supporters and the general public.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively conduct, guide and participate in meetings as requested and disseminate pertinent information.
- Determines appropriate staffing needs.
- Responsible for hiring qualified candidates as well as coaching and terminating employees for cause.
- Ensures that appropriate salary and wage structures are maintained
- Delegates’ authority and responsibility to managerial staff.
- Ensures that job descriptions are current.
- Oversees the preparation of office procedure manuals, outlining specific duties and area responsibilities.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required and implements coaching and progressive discipline, including terminations, as needed.
- Works with the Board of Directors on governance policy issues by providing support and by initiating approved recommendations or actions
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information as required by law.
- Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government regulations and guidelines pertinent to Peoria Home's role as an employer and non-profit organization.
- Submits all information, reports and records as requested or required by law to appropriate government officials or the Board of Directors.
- Recommends to the Board changes to policies and procedures that would improve the organization.
- Maintains an effective and cost-efficient office environment.
- Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization.
- Ensures that operating goals established in the annual budget are achieved and within budget.
- Monitors monthly program expenses.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting.
- Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for Board approval.
- Provides oversight for upkeep of Peoria Home dwelling(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Experience and training in non-profit management highly desired.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in managing employees and preferably programs as well.
- Strong team building skills, proven project management skills, ability to allow autonomy without micro-managing.
- Excellent reading, analyzing, speaking, writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Developed and professional interpersonal skills, attitude and appearance.
- Prior experience in similar role or extensive experience within a non-profit highly desired.
- Proven track record working with employee/volunteers, donors and the community.
- Ability to work in difficult situations and with all members of the community.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in computer software including QuickBooks Accounting Software, Word, Excel, Outlook, and all MS Office Suite-all versions.
- Proactive approach that is looking for ways to maintain and improve processes and help people.
- Ability to pass Washington State Background check.
- Possess and maintain current Driver’s license and retain auto insurance as law requires.
How To Apply
Provide resume and letter of interest.