The Hatboro-Horsham Educational Foundation’s Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of programs, fundraising, and finances and will immerse themselves into Hatboro‐Horsham’s school and civic communities. The role involves significant time devoted to fundraising and development, building and maintaining relationships with local businesses, civic organizations and the School District, as well as implementation of programs and management of volunteer committees. The Executive Director reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors and is the principal spokesperson for the organization.
The position is part‐time (30 hours/week; hours are flexible) and regularly involves early morning meetings along with some weekend and evening activities. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits are not provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development/Fundraising – together with the Board, develop and execute fundraising and development objectives
- Community Relationships ‐ develop and maintain community contacts that further HHEF’s mission and fundraising efforts
- Fiscal Management/ Operations – develop an annual budget for approval by the Board; manage all funds (including EITC program), as well as accounting systems and procedures; oversee day‐to‐day operations, maintenance of databases and technology needs
- Program Management – oversee programs, events and Innovative Learning Grant program; negotiate contracts, coordinate logistics, oversee grantmaking process
- Staff/Volunteer Leadership and Management – manage part‐time staff; organize and guide work of Board committees and volunteers
Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong leadership capacities including the ability to inspire others, work independently and take responsibility for moving the organization forward
- Experience with a broad spectrum of fundraising and development activities, and capacity for managing and building relationships with both individual and institutional donors ∙
- Experience with management and operations of a nonprofit and/or managerial experience in the business sector
- Experience/knowledge of educational programs/administration
- Knowledge and understanding of the Hatboro‐Horsham community a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
The Hatboro‐Horsham Educational Foundation (HHEF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, partners with the community, businesses and the Hatboro‐Horsham School District (HHSD) to provide inspiring programs and innovative learning grants to enhance the educational experience of all district students. The Foundation’s part‐time paid staff and volunteers work with administration, faculty, staff, students, funders and the community to design and effectively implement programs. For the past 30 years, the HHEF has had a direct impact on thousands of students by awarding more than 400 Innovative Learning Grants totaling more than one million dollars to Hatboro‐Horsham teachers and principals.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted through April 28, 2021. Prospective candidates should send current resume, together with a cover letter, and salary requirements to hhefEDsearch21@gmail.com. HHEF is an equal opportunity employer. All submissions will be treated in confidence.