Last Chance at Life All Breed Rescue and Adoption is a small private local rescue that has made a BIG impact on the local dog rescue and medical community and continues to thrive and save lives! Due to our success and growth trajectory we have an exciting new opportunity for an Executive Director. This is a great opportunity to apply knowledge, skills, and experience overseeing the operations of an amazing non-profit organization. If you have this skill set and passion for helping non-profits succeed and grow and also love dogs then this could be the opportunity for you!
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Last Chance at Life All Breed Rescue and Adoptions. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. Also manages Kennel Attendant staff and thrift store Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Board Relations: Works with the Board to fulfill the mission of the organization
- Responsible for leading LCAL in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
Financial Performance and Viability: In tandem with the Board, develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support LCAL’s mission
- Responsible in part for the fiscal integrity of LCAL to include the submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget, review of quarterly financial statements, and discuss opportunities with the Board
Organizational Mission and Strategy: Works with Board, volunteers, and staff to ensure the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of
- Programs to include Adoptions, Foster Care, Adoption Events, Fundraising, Medical Care/Record Keeping, and Behavior/Training
- Facility maintenance and improvement
- Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Marketing to include social media and advertising
- Community relations
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that LCAL can successfully fulfill its mission now and continue to grow and thrive into the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of LCAL’s image as an ambassador by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. This includes the rescue and the thrift store.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff with the assistance of the Board as well as the thrift store manager
- Responsible for effective administration of rescue and thrift store operations
- Responsible for preparing for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization. A member of the Board will be responsible for signing any agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership; ability to collaborate cross functionally, influence, persuade and provide mentorship
- Experience and skill working with a Board of Directors
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Ability to successfully generate new revenue streams and improve financial results
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence (including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers)
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and enthusiasm for the overall vision mission and values of LCAL
- Inside and outside work conditions
- Varied work schedule – AM/PM, weekdays and weekends
- Exposure to potentially unpleasant odors, noises, and sights
- Exposure to dogs of various ages, temperaments, and training levels which provides some physical risk
- Sitting, walking, and/or standing for prolonged periods of time
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, carrying/lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Infrequent lifting up to 40 lbs
- Kennel and thrift store management staff
How To Apply
Send resumes to: Alana@lastchanceatlife.org