Executive DirectorExecutive Director https://www.foundationlist.org/wp-content/themes/fildisi/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 HFLSD https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/c654fd67923758e5717305c4377412a6?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Position: Executive Director
Location: San Diego
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego (HFLSD) is excited to recruit an Executive Director to lead San Diego’s newly created Hebrew Free Loan’s mission: to aid and empower members of the San Diego community to help themselves by providing interest free loans and achieve financial self- sufficiency. The ideal candidate will bring leadership, enthusiasm, organization and initiative to shape and grow a dynamic start-up in San Diego with a proven business model as Hebrew Free Loan societies provide aid and empower Jewish families in over 50 cities. He/she will enjoy creating new processes, have been exposed to both financial lending and philanthropic entities to ensure that the interest- free loan programs, fundraising activities, and governance structure are optimally managed, while consistently achieving the HFLSD mission.
The position will initially have flexibility in terms of hours and location, reporting directly to the Board of Directors of the organization.
About Hebrew Free Loan:
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego (HFLSD) is a member of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans, and was recently launched with the goal of helping people with temporary financial needs to become or remain self-supporting, self-respecting members of the community through access to interest free loans. HFLSD’s mission is to provide Jewish households living in poverty or who are financially insecure, to overcome short-term financial needs/emergencies. HFLSD philosophy is to provide its constituents a hand-up – not a hand-out!
HFLSD is excited to help individuals and families throughout San Diego county overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), they will provide interest-free loans with dignity to meet a wide range of needs: including small business, medical expenses, debt consolidation, fertility, summer camp, student loans, and many others.
The Executive Director of HFLSD will work closely with the President, Committee Chairs, and the Board of Directors to grow and maintain the organization’s vision and values. He/she is responsible for development of effective strategies, implementation of planning efforts, fiscal and staff management, fundraising, board, and community partnerships.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with leadership to develop organizational vision, culture, and long-range strategic plan of the organization.
- Implement policy and strategy as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board to whom the Executive Director reports, and with initial staff member to ensure open communication and the measurement of goals
- Develop the strategic direction for financial resource development activities, including annual campaign, targeted giving, and planned giving
- Build and sustain positive relationships with donors, supporters, volunteers, partners, and community, including recognition and appreciation of donors at all levels.
- Identify new donors and funding sources both within the Jewish community and develop strategies to engage them.
Marketing, Community Relations & Engagement
- Create/develop comprehensive marketing and communication tools about the HFLSD mission, vision, goals, programs, and services.
- Build personal and trusted relationships with donors, volunteer leaders, stakeholders, professionals, key community members, and clergy.
- Identify, recruit, and develop volunteers to assure efficient and cost-effective operations.
Business Leadership & Management
- Direct reports will initially include an Operations Manager and volunteers across a number of areas, including: bookkeeping, data management, client relationships, development, and technology
- Create a work environment that fosters communication and teamwork among paid staff and volunteers.
- Meet regularly with the Board and committees to further the work of the organization.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Executive presence; high emotional intelligence; relationship and consensus builder.
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strategic vision and innovator. Honors what is working, while advancing new models/methods where needed.
- Leader and developer of people, as well as ideas. Knows how to make loan recipients feel comfortable, while building enthusiasm and consensus among HFLSD Board and volunteers.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High degree of business acumen to create/influence the strategic and operational direction of HFLSD, while grasping the philanthropic landscape in SD.
- Significant track record of fundraising success, ability to build trusting relationships with donors and their families and inspire their Jewish philanthropy.
- Strong work ethic, organizational acuity, and problem solver to manage/support the work of the Board/Committees to ensure effectiveness and good governance.
- Financial lending and/or financial - data driven experience, fiscal oversight, and fiduciary responsibility.
- An energetic, and persuasive communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as well as multi-task as he/she will be wearing many hats to launch this dynamic start-up.
- Familiarity with implementation and usage of Microsoft Office, database platforms, CRM and/or donor management software.
- 5+ years of senior management experience, minimum of a BA/BS required, and previous non-profit experience preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The opportunity provides significant flexibility, and while remote and approx 30 hours per week initially, has the potential for a full-time growth opportunity; and the exciting challenge to make a lasting difference in so many lives, while strengthening the community.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org