At the Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS) our mission is to equip students to engage the world with their unique, God-given gifts. PUCS provides an excellent education in an urban setting for a racially and economically diverse group of students. We are committed to educating from a Christian perspective with a curriculum characterized by integral thematic units, close student teacher interaction and substantive parental involvement By offering a high quality, affordable education, PUCS seeks to play a leading role in enhancing the quality of life for the people of Wilkinsburg and surrounding communities. Our staff of certified teachers is dedicated to facilitating each student’s spiritual, personal, social, academic and physical growth.
PUCS is seeking an Executive Director who cares deeply about the success of every student. The Executive Director will have successful leadership experience in a non-profit or educational setting, possess significant management and operations experience, and have the ability to influence and work with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders. This person is an excellent problem solver and decision maker who also maintains outstanding listening, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
The Executive Director motivates and inspires others while being a team builder with a talent for building staff morale. An exceptional manager of resources and multi-faceted projects that often requires coordination across multiple departments, stakeholder groups, and timelines. They must also have a knack for delegating tasks while maintaining oversight.
- Strategic Leadership
- Work with the board to develop strategic vision and plan that support the organization’s mission
- Execute a new strategic plan to foster growth and achievement of goals
- Communicate information clearly and effectively to help the board make decisions
- Regularly provide reports to track progress of strategic initiatives
- Community Cultivation
- Build and maintain relationships with community members to advance the organization’s mission and elevate the community
- Communicate proactively and consistently with parents, teachers, donors, and other stakeholders on the organization’s initiatives, progress, and key issues
- Network with educational leaders in the field to stay informed of current issues, opportunities, and best practices
- Financial Performance Management
- Work with the board to develop a budget and execute on the financial plan
- Prepare financial reports and projections to keep the organization’s operations aligned with the budget
- Develop a fundraising plan to support the organization’s current operations and enable future initiatives
- Cultivating relationships to expand and secure funding sources in partnership with the Development Director
- Staff and Operations Management
- Assist the board in recruiting, hiring, and retaining outstanding employees
- Develop employees through mentorship, training, and evaluation
- Lead by example to create an inclusive, equitable, and empowering workplace culture
- Identify operational gaps and recommend solutions to the board
- Oversee various functions within the organization, including IT, accounting, and facilities management
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Dedicated Christian committed to fulfilling PUCS’ vision
- Proven strategic leadership, management, and fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple operational teams and initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey PUCS’ historic heritage, vision, and strategic plan to external and internal groups
- Experience leading and working with various stakeholders such as donors, board of directors, and parents
- Collaborative leadership style to work with diverse team members and to encourage conversation, unity, and collaboration
- Must attain applicable PA clearances to work with children before start date
At PUCS we reflect on the fact that our community is interlinked and strive to address the multiracial, multi-cultural composition of the city and the world surrounding us. We seek to reflect the diversity of the students and the greater Wilkinsburg community we serve within the composition of our leadership and faculty, recognizing the strength that results from having a diverse staff.
How To Apply
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with priority consideration given to applications submitted by November 8. We will begin interviewing candidates in the first week of November.
- Please write a cover letter that outlines what excites you about PUCS’ mission and what your vision is for PUCS. Please include your Statement of Faith and explain how your personal faith and leadership experience make you the right fit to lead PUCS in this mission.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- For more information, visit https://pucs.org/careers/executive-director/
- Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
- Due to the high volume of submissions, not all applicants will receive a response.