The Mission of Smiles and Beyond is to provide the gift of a restored smile to men and women who have experienced incarceration or domestic violence and are committed to rebuilding their lives.
Smiles and Beyond is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located in Phoenix, Arizona. Please visit https://smilesandbeyond.org/ to learn more.
The Executive Director provides leadership and demonstrates a diversity of knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively manage the organization including personnel management, fiscal management, donor growth and management, advocacy, event management, communications strategies, strategic planning, organizational growth, and building partnerships and coalitions within the community. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Provides organizational leadership to support the mission as defined by the Board.
- Responsible for fundraising and the development of multiple revenue channels to assure organizational sustainability and continued program operations.
- Responsible for fiscal management ensuring operations are within the approved budget, maximizing resource utilization, and maintaining a positive financial position. Provide strong financial management including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Responsible for administration and oversight of day to day operation
- In collaboration with the Board, responsible for developing a strategic plan and plan implementation to ensure Smiles can continue to fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for increasing the awareness of Smiles through active participation in the dental, business, civic, and nonprofit communities.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for Smiles to its constituents, the media, and the public
Professional Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- BA or BS degree in business or nonprofit management or relevant field
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience
- Experience with health and human services, the dental industry or social services
- Demonstrates strong leadership with transparency and the highest values of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Action-oriented, mission-driven entrepreneurial leader with the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Possess an unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Demonstrate past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Possess extensive fundraising skills with a history of success in generating new revenue streams and improving the financial sustainability of Smiles.
- Excellent skills in donor relations with an understanding and knowledge of the funding community.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Proficient in the use of technology to manage and drive business performance including social media.
Location & Compensation
Phoenix Arizona. Local travel required. Some remote work permitted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. A competitive benefit package will be provided.
Smiles and Beyond is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected categories.
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Dr. Maureen Perry, Smiles and Beyond Board President at email@example.com