Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for a new Executive Director for CHOICES for Victims of Domestic Violence, a committed domestic violence victim services provider offering safety and support through shelter, housing, legal and community advocacy, individual counseling and peer support groups.
CHOICES is part of the Lutheran Social Services Network of Hope in Central Ohio (Franklin County). This full-time position is for immediate hire and is based on-site in Columbus, Ohio.
ABOUT CHOICES FOR VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (CHOICES):
CHOICES for Victims of Domestic Violence began service to the central Ohio community in 1977. It was one of the first programs in the state to address the needs of abused women and their children. Over the years, CHOICES has developed from a shelter facility into a comprehensive victim service provider.
CHOICES officially became part of the Lutheran Social Services (LSS) family in March of 2014. Since that time, the organization has strengthened the integral services CHOICES provides to the community and creates a shelter atmosphere that offers safety and supports, empowers, and encourages domestic violence survivors and their families.
LSS CHOICES proudly opened the doors of their new state of the art shelter in January 2019. The new facility enables LSS CHOICES to provide programs and services within a 24-hour setting to 120 people. LSS CHOICES strives continually to aid those impacted by domestic violence by staying on the leading edge of trauma-informed care. It is LSS CHOICES’ continuing goal to always help more people in need, and to consistently improve its understanding of the needs and response to trauma survivors.
The Franklin County community is committed to identifying solutions to solve domestic violence and LSS CHOICES is highly regarded as both a partner and community resource. Columbus, Ohio was an early adopter of the Lethality Assessment Program (LAP), and Law Enforcement professionals utilize LAP today to identify and assist victims with safely seeking services; providing direct referrals to LSS CHOICES. To learn more about LSS CHOICES, please visit: https://lssnetworkofhope.org/choices/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Community Based Services, the Executive Director of LSS Choices is a highly engaged client-facing leadership role which requires accountability, empathy, and the ability to communicate transparently. As the Executive Director, you’ll mentor, guide, and inspire a dedicated team of mission driven professionals, while overseeing shelter operations and proactively identifying new opportunities to expand programs and funding.
- Lead the general, operational, and fiscal management of LSS CHOICES.
- Review established policies and procedures to enhance infrastructure and create a new manual.
- Manage the successful delivery of Emergency Shelter, hotline, and all LSS CHOICES programs and services, including the establishment and evaluation of service outcome benchmarks, service delivery procedures, and quality assurance standards.
- Develop and implement client care systems and methodologies which are client centered, trauma informed, and individualized into the delivery of services.
- Oversee community engagement and the use of agency volunteers.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures which ensure the ethical, confidential, and respectful delivery of services.
- Evaluate service outcomes for the resident/client population to ensure effective and efficient delivery of service; develop, present and implement program content; and design adjustments in response to shifts in the needs of the resident/client population.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate employee development and training programs for all LSS CHOICES employees.
- Represent LSS CHOICES at community, neighborhood, and other relevant meetings.
- Prepare agency and program budgets; ensure program services consistently operate within established budget parameters.
- Provide accurate information regarding the state of finances and operations to the Executive Leadership Team of Lutheran Social Services, including the preparation for and participation in monthly Advisory Board Meetings and Operational Review Meetings.
- Proactively manage grant, contract, and funding source development.
- Ensure program services operate in compliance with all grant, contract, and funding source parameters.
- Implement metrics to develop and champion strategic and operational plans.
- Oversee data collection and proactively manage reporting; ensure timely and accurate reports are created and provided to stakeholders.
- Research, establish, and develop collaborative relationships with other Lutheran Social Services Network of Hope departments, community agencies, systems, and institutions.
- Work closely with the leadership team of LSS CHOICES to ensure optimal program operations.
- Advanced degree or equivalent training and experience required; Master’s degree in social work or related field is highly preferred.
- 5-8+ years of progressive (senior) management within the social services arena.
- Residential-setting (24-hour) specific experience with an emphasis on optimizing operations through program administration and development.
- Awareness of issues pertaining to interpersonal violence and victimization and experience working with victims of domestic violence and/or trauma survivors.
- Existing familiarity with the dynamics related to the operations and finances of a $3M+ organization.
- Familiarity with the CARF accreditation process (preferred).
- Strong command of ‘best practice’ fund development with proven experience as a grantee; from writing grants to managing relationships with funders, hands-on knowledge is critical to success as grants account for 65% of the organization budget.
- Ability to serve as the on-call point of contact for one week, every three week
How To Apply
LSS CHOICES has retained the services of Scion Executive Search, a national executive search firm specializing in mission-driven organization recruitment, to assist in conducting this important search. For immediate consideration please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word, via: https://www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/5852
Please address applications to:
Elissa Dumiak, Senior Executive Recruiter
Scion Executive Search
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.