Join the Kids Club of Harney team during this exciting time as we grow and expand our footprint to better serve our rural community! We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and creative Executive Director who will make a difference in the lives of local youth and lead the organization’s planning and operation as we continue construction on our new, nearly fully funded, 17,000 sq. foot facility. The Executive Director will provide direction and support to the Board of Directors, and raise both the financial support and public awareness needed to fulfill the organization’s role in our community. Flexible 32-40 hours per week schedule.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Program Manager and Sports Manager to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the club and community.
- Support the organization’s mission and principles.
- Ensure that the environment, programs, services, and activities support youth development and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Nurture strong collaboration between other non-profits by providing leadership and direction that can be beneficial to both organizations.
- Facilitate community and non-profit trainings regarding out of school time, leadership and non-profit management to help create, nurture and keep strong community relationships to ensure ongoing community support of the club.
Custodian of Records:
- Takes notes and records meeting minutes for the board of directors.
- Organizes and maintains appropriate documents (both electronic and paper) associated with club.
- Acts as a liaison for the Board of Directors and the club.
- Updates the Board of Directors of all operational activities on a regular basis.
- Works with the Board of Directors in developing policy, procedures, and other administrative activities.
- Continually assesses the need for adequate staffing levels and reports to the board.
- Implements action plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Make suggestions to the Board for improvement, ideas and changes.
- Organizes and participates in all major fundraising events.
Financial Resource Management:
- Works with the Board President and Treasurer to ensure monthly expenses are managed responsibly.
- Assist the board in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget.
- Researches and writes grants to support the club operational and programing needs.
Human Resource Management:
- Responsible for posting job openings, interviewing candidates, and offering positions to the most qualified applicants in collaboration with the board of directors.
- Completes staff evaluations on a regular basis; identifies strengths and weaknesses, creates goals and objectives and develops action plans for employees not meeting standards in any given area.
- Maintain employee policies and personnel files.
- Ensure all regulations pertaining to employment are followed including federal and state guidelines.
- Counsels staff as needed. Implements a progressive disciplinary process up to and including suspensions if necessary. Terminations will be facilitated by the board of directors.
- Conducts staff meetings and effectively communicates with staff on a regular basis.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
- Promotes Club programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations.
May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors. Some evening and weekend duties will be required.
Experience: At least 4 years experience in a leadership role. Must have experience working with youth.
Education: Minimum high school diploma. Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in education, administration, social work or management preferred.
- Ability to create, implement and enforce, programs, policy and procedures.
- A comprehensive understanding of and the ability to manage a non-profit organization.
- Resource development for club activities and assisting in obtaining sources of funding.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan, and coordinate operations.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making and delegation.
- Ability to create spreadsheets, write reports, and use the computer for other items needed for the operations of the club.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
- Strong skills in maintaining discipline and correcting unacceptable behavior.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in education, administration, social work or management preferred.
- Experience working directly with the public and communicating with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
How To Apply
Please contact Board President, Jen Hoke, for more information or to apply: 541-589-4225
Kids Club of Harney County resulted from the 2001 grassroots efforts of community leaders and parents who wanted a safe enriching place for kids to attend after school. We have been active in our frontier community ever since and continue to grow and expand to reach more youth. We are proud to have developed robust relationships with schools, agencies, and organizations that allow us to provide services and programs that help meet community needs. Our mission is “to provide a safe and enriching out of school environment for youth that prepares them for success in academics and life by offering support and guidance as they learn the responsibility of healthy life choices.” We are driven by a core belief that we can directly and positively impact young people and our community by providing skilled and caring staff, fun and effective programs, and quality facilities, in an environment that promotes respect, responsibility, and fun.