Executive Director, Womankind Maternal and Prenatal Care Center
Garfield Heights, Ohio
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Background: Since 1975, Womankind has been providing hope and care to thousands of women and families in emotional, financial and medical need in the Greater Cleveland area through onsite, no-cost prenatal care. This includes pregnancy tests and prenatal appointments, and in conjunction with the medical needs being addressed, social service care is offered at each prenatal appointment, to ensure needs of clients are addressed holistically.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization, responsible for overseeing day-to-day management of operations and continued implementation of the organization’s Mission: To provide hope, help, and possibility to any pregnant woman by offering comprehensive integrative care in a loving, nonjudgmental environment. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Leadership & Administration
• Lead the implementation of Womankind’s Philosophy and Mission.
• Provide strategic direction in achieving organizational goals.
• Serve as an advocate and spokesperson for Womankind in the community.
• Promote adherence to the highest ethical standards.
• Manage overall operations, paying special attention to alignment with organizational priorities, accountability and priority setting.
• Staff the Board and provide them with information, data and/or reports necessary to enable them to carry out their responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with the Board.
• Prepare annual budget and supervise receipt and disbursement of funds.
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and terminate (as required) all staff.
• Identify and help secure mix of funding sources necessary to support the organization.
• Continually update Womankind’s business model to reflect changing conditions.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred and five or more years nonprofit management experience.
• Visionary and motivational leadership to inspire diverse staff, board, volunteers and donors.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
• Exceptional administrative and organizational skills, including the proven ability to work
effectively in a timely manner and the ability to adapt quickly and responsively to changing
priorities and schedules while meeting deadlines.
• Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word; familiarity in fund development database software a plus.
• Demonstrate a professional image, positive attitude, mature judgment, adaptability and sense of humor.
• Ability to work flexible hours, attend occasional weekend and evening meetings and events.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful letter of interest to:
Board@womankindcleveland.org. Electronic submissions sent through this link are preferred. And ll submissions are confidential.