Child Development Center of the Bluegrass Executive Director
Child Development Center of the Bluegrass is a (501c3) privately funded childcare center in Lexington, Kentucky. We are seeking an Executive Director who will be able to promote the mission of Child Development Center passionately. Must have strong leadership skills and be willing to help carry on the mission of our childcare center. Strong written and verbal communication skills, a caring personality and the ability to effectively manage a large group are vital.
About Child Development Center of the Bluegrass
Child Development Center of the Bluegrass is dedicated to ensuring that all children reach their full potential by collaborating with families and community partners to create the highest quality home and community based therapy services as well as preschool and childcare programs that serve both children with and without special needs.
Our philosophy is based on the principle that children are unique individuals who develop at their own pace and need a supportive, challenging environment that includes age-appropriate opportunities for learning new skills.
Essential Duties of the Executive Director include:
- Supervising lead teachers in CDCB classrooms including observation, review, and monitoring classroom documentation, chairing teacher meetings to facilitate communication, conducting annual reviews, developing and managing performance reviews as needed, supporting teachers in appropriate staff development activities, etc.
- Supervising Finance Manager, Enrollment Director Educations Director, and Development Coordinator through daily observation and interaction, delegation and accountability, chairing administrative staff meetings to facilitate communication, conducting annual reviews, developing and managing performance reviews as needed, supporting staff in appropriate staff development activities, etc
- Overseeing hiring and firing on an agency wide basis.
- Conducting probationary reviews for all employees subsequent to 90 days of employment.
- Reviewing/approving/denying requests for professional, emergency, vacation, and leave without pay for all staff members.
- Reviewing/approving/denying requests for all leave requests for staff members directly supervised.
- Approving timesheets for staff members directly supervised.
- Ensuring annual training of CDCB staff on compliance with IDEA, FERPA, and HIPPA
- Consulting with attorneys regarding policies and procedures, CDCB’s tax deferred annuity, personnel issues, HIPAA compliance, etc. on an as needed basis
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of best practices in the field to ensure that the quality of CDCB’s program remains consistently strong and reflective of recommendations from the field of research.
- Monitoring to ensure that CDCB is continuously compliant with all relevant regulations, i.e., day care licensure, First Steps, and KERA.
- Ensuring that CDCB’s classroom program maintains a level of quality that has been affirmed by NAEYC accreditation
- Overseeing the documentation required for participation in accreditation with NAEYC.
- Assume primary responsibility for completing paperwork required for Kentucky Child Care License renewal, and NAEYC accreditation.
- Development and implementation of CDCB’s outcomes measurement process.
- Working with CDCB’s Finance/Building and Grounds Committee to develop and monitor CDCB’s annual budget.
- Working with CDCB’s Finance/Building and Grounds Committee to develop and monitor CDCB’s deferred maintenance plan.
- Working with CDCB’s Finance Director to develop CDCB’s monthly income statements and prepare Treasurers report for the Board.
- Working with CDCB’s Finance Director to monitor CDCB’s current year budget and develop recommendations to the Finance/Building and Grounds Committee for necessary revisions.
- Working with CDCB’s Finance Director to develop the proposed budget for the next fiscal year for recommendation to the Finance/Building and Grounds Committee.
- Approving all agency purchase orders for necessary expenditures.
- Working with the Operations Committee to ensure competitive salaries and benefits for CDCB employees.
- Working with the Endowment Committee to ensure optimal investment of CDCB’s endowment fund.
- Managing all professional correspondence and the accompanying filing.
- All filing associated with full Board and Board Committees.
- All filing associated with staff and staff meetings
- All filing associated with investments in CDCB’s endowment accounts.
- Chairing meetings for CDCB’s administrative, staff, teacher, and therapist meetings.
- Keeping families up to date on issues and activities relevant to their participation in CDCB’s programs through written correspondence and meetings.
- Representing CDCB in the media and in local, state, and national meetings of importance to the agency.
- Representing CDCB as a speaker and or participant in various community organizations and activities.
- Continuously updating CDCB’s policy manual on an as needed basis.
- Working with the Enrollment Director to continuously update CDCB’s Parent Handbook, enrollment packet, etc.
- Working with CDCB’s Executive Committee to ensure optimal functioning of the CDCB Board.
- Working with CDCB’s Board of Directors to ensure the effective operations of the agency.
Policies and Procedures
- Performing duties as described in this job description according to CDCB’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Monitoring policies and procedures for effective agency operations and developing new policies and procedures with Board and staff input as needed.
Working with CDCB’s Insurance Broker and Operations Committee to acquire and maintain appropriate liability coverage for the agency and Board.
Other duties as assigned
- Performing other duties as assigned by CDCB’s Board of Directors
- Masters Degree in Education or related field, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in direct service in the classroom or clinic;
- Supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of IDEA, FERPA, HIPAA, and other state and federal laws related to early childhood and special education;
- Familiarity with best practices in the field;
- Familiarity with licensing regulations and NAEYC;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The capacity to work effectively with diverse groups of people;
- The ability to represent the agency on state level task forces, Boards, councils, etc. as well as in the media;
- Experience in successfully implementing special events, direct mail, and other fund raising activities;
- The ability to develop, manage, and monitor budgets;
- A flexible and adaptable personality.
- $75,00-90,000 with bonus potential. Commensurate on education and experience
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org