This position is primarily responsible for managing all administrative and development aspects of the Office of the Executive Director; and coordinating specific projects at the direction of the Executive Director with various duties involving the Board, staff development and organizational growth and stability. The Executive/Development Assistant will be a highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. Reports to the Executive Director
Job category- Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the Office of the Executive Director;
- Act as liaison between senior staff and the Executive Director;
- Serve as point of contact for all external entities and the Office of the Executive Director;
- Act as liaison with the Board of Directors;
- Support the implementation of a strategic plan for business development: Community Relations and Marketing;
- Coordinate all projects and initiatives with Executive Director;
- Coordinate Executive Director’s media programming.
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members and partners
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, partners and participants
- Complex scheduling, to include scheduling on/off-site meetings and accurate updates to the calendar for timely appearances and real-time adjustments
- Expense reconciliation
- Lead and support Special Projects
- Manage logistics, minutes and follow-up for Board meetings.
- Support the Executive Director in the timely development and dissemination of materials for Board meetings
- Support the Executive Director on Agency’s events and special projects;
- Identify promotional and fundraising opportunities;
- Build and expand community partnerships.
- Represent the agency at events as directed.
- Arrange events to take place outside of the workplace, such as galas, fund-raising events, and staff appreciation events.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and consultants to support all external communications and activities with funders, which may include creating profiles of prospective funders, developing presentation materials, generating funder acknowledgments, and meeting reporting requirements from funders.
- Coordinate and assist with the production of proposals.
- Manage development database and maintain the development files and systems.
- Coordinate Executive Director’s communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients
- Manage social media portals: Agency Website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coordinate Press releases
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- The Executive/Development Assistant should have a Bachelor degree in communication, nonprofit management, human services, or other related field; Three to five years of work experience in related positions to provide logistical and administrative support to a senior level executive of a corporation; Excellent communication required. Must successfully complete a criminal background check, obtain clearance from the Office of Children and Family Services.
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefits: Participation in 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave.
Salary commentary to experience.
How To Apply
All applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.