The Executive Assistant to the Director serves a critical function supporting the leadership of the New Britain Museum of American Art (NBMAA). This individual must be highly detail-oriented and organized, comfortable handling multiple duties at one time, be adaptable to changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines. This position is privy to highly confidential information, requiring extreme discretion, sensitivity, tact, and judgment. Being proactive, intuitive and a self-starter are key characteristics of the successful candidate.
The Executive Assistant to the Director (EAD) performs a variety of administrative support functions for the NBMAA Director and serves as the initial point of contact for all inquiries, including providing key communication and support to the Board of Trustees and its committees. This position enables the Director to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and facilitates communications, scheduling, reporting (including expenses), and other administrative tasks on behalf of the Director. As a trusted advisor and liaison to the Director, the EAD protects and leverages the Director’s time by screening, prioritizing, and redirecting issues, by strategizing and executing communications, and by managing the Director’s schedule.
The EAD will work in collaboration with the Director, staff, or independently to execute special projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Background in visual arts ideal
- 3-5 years relevant experience in executive level administration, preferably in museum environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, scheduling, and management skills
- Demonstrated diplomacy, judgment, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, poise, and discretion
- Detail-oriented, ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
All applicants are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.
A full job description can be found on the Museum's website nbmaa.org