About The Welcome Project
Founded in 1987, The Welcome Project (TWP) is a community-based organization at the Mystic River Development, the city's largest public housing development. TWP builds the collective power of immigrants to participate in and shape community decisions through programming for youth and adults that develops leadership skills, builds civic engagement, and strengthens immigrant voices.
Immigrants struggle against daily barriers to their survival: poverty, racial discrimination, language differences, acculturation stress, social isolation, and other obstacles limit their access to essential community resources like housing, jobs, and education. TWP's programs are a direct response to these barriers. We provide critical programming, resources, and advocacy for immigrant and low-income families. Our presence and sustainability are important, not only for the direct services we provide that meet immigrants’ immediate survival needs—ESOL classes, leadership and youth development programs, but also for the resources we offer through our many community partnerships with nonprofits, advocacy groups, and public schools.
The Welcome Project is seeking an Executive Assistant to coordinate the administrative and programmatic operations of the organization. They will work closely with the Executive Director and collaboratively with other key staff, anticipate needs and proactively address projects with an emphasis on sound judgment and initiative. The successful candidate must be able to interface positively with the public, donors, Board members and the staff, using diplomacy and discretion. The position serves as the organization’s ambassador with the key stakeholders and constituencies of the organization, as well as prospective supporters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule, organize and coordinate all Board of Trustee meetings, preparing agendas and necessary materials as needed
- Assist in the management of the Executive Director’s schedule of meetings and appointments with donors in collaboration with the Director of Development
- Carry out various administrative duties, including responding to any phone calls or emails and keeping any records and databases up to date, as needed
- Provide administrative support to TWP team and programming as needed
- Assist the Executive Director in stewardship communication with Board members, major donors, corporate sponsors and all Board prospects.
- Assist Director of Development with projects such as Corporate Partnerships, producing development materials, the Annual Report, and newsletters.
- Assist the Director of Development in updating our social media
- Participate as a member and active participant of the Staff Leadership Team
- Coordinate orientations for new Board Members and employees
- Assist Director of Development in the planning of events and activities
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director to support the mission of the organization.
Qualifications and Required Skills/Knowledge:
- Bicultural/bilingual experience preferred with language fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole
- Well-qualified candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience preferably as an office administrator, assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details of work, including details and follow up
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Familiarity with office management procedures in a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of MS Office, Zoom and Google Suite and preferably, familiarity with various office management software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritizing responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment, managing time effectively
- Strong team player that can bring initiative, creativity, energy, leadership and commitment that will support the Leadership Team
- Strong ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director and budgeted at $50,000 depending on experience and credentials. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please send an email to Joe@welcomeproject.org with your contact information.
The Welcome Project is an at-will and equal opportunity employer, and the organization is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Please note all offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
How To Apply
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please send an email to Joe@welcomeproject.org with your contact information.