Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: HQ – Washington, DC
Manager: Operations Manager
United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. We are one of the fastest growing NGOs in the country, with a focus on relief and developmental needs globally and domestically. We currently have an opening for a full-time Executive Assistant with a background in PR and communications to
work from our headquarters office in Washington, DC. In this role, you will work directly with the President & CEO and other C-level staff providing a high level of support. Frequent domestic and international travel will be expected.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting c-suite executives with meeting planning, scheduling, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense processing, and more. This role will act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders. You are someone who takes initiative with little to no direction, finds good networking opportunities for our C-Suite, is familiar
with running executive social media accounts on platforms such as LinkedIn, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Administrative Management (60%)
- Manage the daily workflow of the the C-Suite, including scheduling, coordinating travel and managing appointments
- Assist as necessary in the organization and support of meetings and conferences, including quarterly Board Meetings
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection, preparation and assembly of materials
- Assist with the preparation of presentations by creating PowerPoints, talking points, etc.
- Prepare reports for the the C-Suite by researching, inputting, editing and retrieving text, data, and graphics from multiple sources of information and meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flight, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation
- Track next steps on meeting outcomes and communications
- Process expense reports and invoices
- Assist with the administrative aspects of budget management for departments overseen by the President & CEO
- Perform other job related duties, as assigned.
- Develop external communications plans for the C-Suite that include drafting official statements, talking points, writing speeches, managing social media content, creating public speaking engagement opportunities, and attending advocacy meetings that will increase visibility for the organization
- Drive the use of the CEO’s leadership voice, internally and externally
- Work with the Marketing department to ensure smooth collaboration of messaging
- Lead coordination of media outreach & coverage with media releases, TV/radio interviews, press releases, feature stories, press conferences, etc.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual Public Relations plans in consultation with senior management
- Coordinate photography for/of events, activities, etc. for use in publications, media, etc. and ensure appropriate releases are signed and filed
- Ensure that UMR is reaching key target audiences to position the organization strategically among elected officials and other key stakeholders
- Research, write, and edit materials, reports, and articles to be published on behalf of senior leadership across multiple channels
- Manage secure and sensitive information appropriately and in compliance with UMR policies
- Attend events and speaking engagements with executives as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude under pressure or constantly shifting priorities
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be extremely detail oriented, well organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem solving skills
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and strategic thinking
- Fluency in English, written and oral, required. Fluency in Arabic strongly preferred.
- Superior relationship-building skills. Courteous and professional manner, with multicultural sensitivity.
- Bachelor’s required
- 2 years working as an Executive Assistant to senior leadership or in a similar role; preferably a nonprofit organization
- Must have U.S. Work Authorization
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The UMR organization and UMR workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the UMR – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the UMR operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from
Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
UMR is committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary and Benefits:
UMR offers a generous benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, and 3% matching on 401k along with many other perks. Starting salary range for this role is $50,000/annually.
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant” along with 3 references (emails and/or phone numbers required)
NOTE: Applications will close on December 15, 2021.