The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE: The Events Manager reports directly to the Executive Director of the Greater Los Angeles Division and will be responsible for fundraising, development and events work. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Events Manager will work to ensure the success of all the division’s events, educational and advocacy initiatives and to achieve its financial goals. The Events Manager will also participate in and manage the establishment of systems and protocols for the division’s fundraising events such as the Liver Life Walk/Flavors/Challenge/and the Fashion show.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all elements of fundraising and program activities in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Identifying and recruiting corporate sponsors and building relationships with company representatives
- Recruiting and servicing walk teams, volunteers and committees. Training and cultivating volunteers for all events
- Identifying target audiences and building appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies for participants and volunteers
- Conducting and coordinating all logistical aspects of events
- Implementing plans for assigned fundraising events
- Adhering to ALF campaign standards
- Coordinating promotional, marketing and media activities
- Preparing and maintaining financial records and statistical reports
- Monitoring and forecasting of each event/activity budget
- Assisting in the development and implementation of other division activities including educational programs and advocacy opportunities
- Additional duties including the daily operations of the Division as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent planning, budgeting and organizational skills
- Strong writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality of work and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize activities while working within deadlines.
- Self-motivated with initiative and independent actions within the scope of responsibilities.
- The Events Manager must also be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize, strategize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, creativity and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management
- Must be comfortable on the phone and talking with diverse constituents and able to use multimedia/social media communications, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Team Player-committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF & the division.
- High value on transparency, operate with a sense of urgency and driven by self-motivation.Must have the highest level of service excellence, leadership capabilities, accountability, and superior stewardship.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge and experience of Convio, or other Blackbaud donor management or web-based fundraising software, is required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent in education, training and experience) required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience meeting fundraising goals, in a non-profit environment preferred.
- This is a full- time position. Work office location is Los Angeles, CA.
- Able and willing to lift/move event related materials weighing up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights/or weekend work and some travel
- Valid Driver’s License. Reliable transportation and insurance necessary.
Apply for job here:
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Farrah Douglas, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.