AMERICAN LIVER FOUNDATION
NEW ENGLAND DIVISION
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF mission is to promote education, advocacy, support services and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE: This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the New England Division. The Events Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing all aspects of fundraising events, working in close collaboration with the Events Coordinator locally and National Special Events Director. The Manager will create and manage the establishment of systems and protocols for the Division Liver Life Walks (RI and MA), Liver Life Challenge (ALF Boston Marathon Team) and three Cuisine for a Cause Culinary Events (Maine, Rhode Island and MA). The Manager must be able to strategize, anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to the changing needs and situations with professionalism, creativity, patience and integrity. This is an ideal position for an experienced and strategic non-profit events leader, eager to create innovative events that cultivate, solicit and steward both non-donors and major donors for event sponsorship and ongoing Division support. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with volunteer leaders and cultivating their relationship with an organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Overseeing all elements of special events fundraising with support and guidance from the Executive Director
- Meeting all budgeted revenue and expense projections for all special events
- Identifying and recruiting corporate sponsors and building relationships with company representatives
- Stewarding existing sponsors and volunteers to maintain/increase their engagement
- Develop creative strategies to highlight the ALF Mission
- Work closely with volunteer leaders and event committee where applicable
- Collaborate with Events Coordinator and ALF Staff both local and national to create consistent and effective messaging through all social media outlets
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director to create follow up strategies and programs for event participants
- Utilize Engaged Donor fundraising platform for all event tracking of events and attendance
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results
- Identify target audiences and building appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies for participants and volunteers
- Conduct and coordinate all logistical aspects of events
- Train and cultivate volunteers for all special events
- Participate in annual budget planning process for special events
- Adhere to ALF event campaign standards
- Participate on regularly scheduled calls with the National Director of Special Events
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of other division activities including educational program and advocacy opportunities when requested
- Support division operations as needed including but not limited to volunteer management, financials, Medical Advisory Committee and Board of Directors engagement and meetings as requested
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Education. Bachelor’s degree required with 5 plus years of experience in non-profit organizations or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management
- Experience with non-profit event planning is highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Close attention to detail; skilled at planning complex logistics and multiple events
- Extraordinary project management skills
- Proven experience working with donors, volunteers, committees and non-profit boards
- Must be comfortable with social media communications such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Team player who is enthusiastically committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF and the Division
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and writing/proofreading skills
- Careful attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Impeccable judgment, strong decision-making skills and driven by personal self-motivation
- Creative, innovative, entrepreneurial and strategic
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- This is a full-time position with occasional nights/or weekends
- Some travel required
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25 pounds
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Position is located in Newton, MA. Telecommuting/remote working is not an option. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send responses to: