American Liver Foundation
Greater Los Angeles, California Division
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Greater Los Angeles Division. The Events Manager will be responsible for fundraising, development and will work under the direction of the Executive Director to ensure the success of the division’s special events, educational & advocacy initiatives and to achieve its financial goals. The Events Manager will also participate in and manage the establishment of systems and protocols for the division’s Liver Life Walk/Flavors/Challenge/fashion show events fundraising. The Events Manager must also be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize, strategize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, creativity and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Overseeing all elements of fundraising and program activities in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Identifying and recruiting corporate sponsors and building relationships with company representatives
- Recruiting and servicing walk teams, volunteers and committees
- Identifying target audiences and building appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies for participants and volunteers
- Conducting and coordinating all logistical aspects of events
- Training and cultivating volunteers for all events
- Implementing plans for assigned fundraising events
- Adhering to ALF campaign standards
- Coordinating promotional, marketing and media activities
- Preparing and maintaining financial records and statistical reports
- Monitoring and forecasting of each event/activity budget
- Assisting in the development and implementation of other division activities including educational programs and advocacy opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education, training and experience
- Minimum of five (5) year’s work experience in meeting fundraising goals in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management
- Highly effective organizational skills to include, multi-tasking, attention to detail, oral and written communications, negotiation, results-driven and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable on the phone talking with diverse constituents and able to use multimedia/social media communications, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Team player-committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF and the division
- High value on transparency, a sense of urgency and self-motivated
- Must have the highest level of service excellence, leadership capabilities, accountability, and superior stewardship
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Engaged Donor)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights/or weekend work and some travel
- Reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License L and insurance required
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift 25 pounds
How To Apply
Position is located in Los Angeles, CA. Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send Responses to: email@example.com
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.