The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) seeks an energetic Peer-to-Peer Program Events Coordinator to join its Development Department. Located in New York City, LRF is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to funding innovative research and serving the lymphoma community through a comprehensive series of education programs, outreach initiatives, and patient services. The Foundation’s mission is to eradicate lymphoma and serve those impacted by the disease.
About the Foundation
LRF is dedicated to finding a cure for lymphoma, the most common form of blood cancer, by funding biomedical research and supporting the next generation of lymphoma researchers. With the guidance of the Foundation’s prestigious Scientific Advisory Board, which is comprised of 45 of the world’s leading lymphoma experts, LRF invests in the research and scientists which have the greatest potential to improve our understanding of lymphomas and lead to improved treatment options for patients. To date, the Foundation has funded more than $72 million in research focused on the origins and treatment of lymphoma.
Through comprehensive disease guides and publications, in-person conferences, and online resources, the Foundation provides education for people with lymphoma, as well as their loved ones and caregivers. A robust suite of LRF patient services provide direct support to people who have received a lymphoma diagnosis. These services include the national Lymphoma Helpline, a Clinical Trials Information Service, Lymphoma Support Network and patient aid grant program. An industry leader in digital communications, the Foundation maintains a strong presence on multiple social media platforms and has won national awards for its innovative use of social media to educate cancer patients. LRF developed a first of its kind mobile app for people with lymphoma which was recognized by Apple as one of the best medical apps in the country. The Foundation also provides continuing medical education programs designed to increase the knowledge, skills and performance of healthcare professionals who treat and care for people with lymphoma.
For more information about LRF please visit www.lymphoma.org.
About the Opportunity
LRF seeks a talented non-profit professional eager to grow professionally as its Peer-to-Peer Program Events Coordinator. The Events Coordinator will help implement a diverse portfolio of fundraising events, including the national Lymphoma Walk Program, endurance fundraising campaigns, active lifestyle events, the LRF Research Ride, and other select events. This position reports to the Associate Director of Peer-to-Peer Fundraising and works with development staff in the National Headquarters located in New York City and volunteers across the country.
- Serve as primary support to the Associate Director on all fundraising events in the Peer-to-Peer Fundraising portfolio
- Coordinate all fundraising event logistics, including, but not limited to, endurance applications, venue and contract negotiation, rentals, catering, lighting and A/V, entertainment, volunteers, and participant experience for the national Lymphoma Walk Program, endurance fundraising campaigns, active lifestyle events, the LRF Research Ride, and other select events.
- Coordinate event mailings, facilitate data entry of event revenue, and coordinate/record follow-up and support confirmation
- Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, coaching and management, including identifying and managing event-based volunteer leadership committee (Ride Champion Council, Walk Committee, Corporate Chair, Patient Chair, etc.)
- Coordinate online fundraising portal and related reporting
- Develop and coordinate event sponsorship and event collateral materials, solicitation letters, event webpages, emails, invitations, and presentations
- Conduct market research, identify constituents for partnership and sponsorship opportunities and assist with outreach as necessary
- Partner with Associate Director of Peer-to-Peer Fundraising to steward individual event sponsors to ensure benefit delivery
- Coordinate solicitation of in-kind goods and services
- Prepare all materials for events including name tags, printed materials, run of show binders, etc.
- Prepare event supplies and coordinate on-site setup and breakdown
- Collaborate with other departments to provide relevant content for LRF Event websites and ensure targeted event promotion; maintain accurate records for event revenue and expenses, including proper financial reconciliation and acknowledgments
- Coordinate department stewardship activity, assist with post-event wrap-up including committee meetings, volunteer and participant evaluations, budget assessments, credit card payments, invoice preparations, and financial reconciliations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of LRF’s mission and programs to promote the Foundation’s fundraising, research, and patient initiatives
- Provide administrative support and perform other organizational tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to report to the NYC office on a daily basis when the office re-opens
- Minimum of 2 years of nonprofit professional experience required; Prior events or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communications skills required
- Very strict attention to detail required
- Outstanding ability to work well under pressure, on a broad variety of projects in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- A demonstrated ability to work well with others, as well as be self-directed
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office products; Adobe Suite and/or Canva is preferred, ability to learn new software programs.
- Experience with TeamRaiser, Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge.
- Willingness to travel for LRF Events (domestic), and work nights and weekends when needed
- Traveling to/from events will be required – must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and move supply boxes of 25 lbs. during event preparation and execution
- People who are immune compromised, including people in active treatment for lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, are more likely to become sick with COVID-19 or be sick for a longer time period; to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible, staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with the primary series and one booster
How To Apply
The salary range for this position is $40,000-$54,000. Please email resume and cover letter to Fatima Hameed, Associate Director of Peer-to-Peer Fundraising, at email@example.com and put “Events Coordinator – Peer-to-Peer” in the subject line.