AMERICAN LIVER FOUNDATION
GREATER NEW YORK DIVISION
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis. To learn more about the American Liver Foundation visit liverfoundation.org or call 800-GO-LIVER.
The Events Coordinator will report to and support the Events Manager in logistical planning, implementation and execution of fundraising efforts through large and small-scale division signature campaigns such as the Liver Life Walk(s), Honors Gala, Associate Board of Young Professionals, and our Liver Life Challenge (Endurance) Program, and Third-Party events. The Events Coordinator will also be responsible for all Division social media, as well as general special event website content for the division. With direction from the Events Manager, this position will also work closely with other division staff to help ensure that annual objectives and goals for the division are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for fundraising efforts, daily communication, recruitment, and promotion of annual Liver Life Walks
- Support the effort of the Events Manager to manage relationships and price negotiations with external vendors and event partners
- Work closely with Events Manager to ensure national branded materials such as invitations, brochures, posters, t-shirts, bibs and more are ordered and provided for division events
- Work with the Events Manager on timelines and Run of Show for all special events and any related spreadsheets that track event activity, expense and budget
- Coordinate logistics for assigned events including, but not limited to Walks, Gala, Young Professionals events
- Assist with division sponsorship fulfillment and assist with identifying potential new companies/donors
- Work with National staff on administration, event reporting social media, and press releases where needed.
- Attend Division meetings, programs and signature events as needed
- Maintain Greater New York Division and event websites
- Manage all email communications for the entire Greater New York Division regarding events, campaigns, programs,and more.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for all events
- Solicit in kind and auction items for all events, including food donations
- Perform administrative tasks necessary to the maintenance of the Division office including but not limited to: answering the phone, overseeing the matching gifts process, processing and depositing cash, checks and credit cards collected from events and general donations, credit card bills, preparing tax acknowledgement letters, maintaining office supplies, in charge of mailings and shipping, etc.
- Provide support for the Division specific patient and public educational programs.
- Perform other duties as required to meet the needs of the American Liver Foundation.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education, training and experience
- Experience: Minimum of three to five years of special events and fundraising is preferred
- Attention to detail and high degree of organization. Ability to manage many projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to learn new fundraising platforms such as Engaged Donor and WordPress
- Excellent relationship and management skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must enjoy working as a member of a team with a positive, creative and outside the box attitude. Must be able to handle pressure with grace
- Passionate and committed to our mission.
Position is located downtown New York City. Remote work is not available. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 9-5 pm. Some weekends and evenings are required during special events.
Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds.
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Veronica Perez, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.