The Human Rights Foundation (HRF) is seeking highly-qualified applicants for an Events Associate.
Overview of the Human Rights Foundation
HRF is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that promotes and protects human rights globally, with a focus on closed societies and authoritarian regimes. We focus on over 90 countries where individual freedoms and liberties are most at risk, and where democracies are non-existent or fraudulent. Our work includes effective campaigns to free political prisoners, international events such as the Oslo Freedom Forum, the education of U.S. students on the value and fragility of individual rights and democracy, and programs such as Flash Drives for Freedom that publicize human rights violators and directly support dissidents and human rights defenders at risk.
Overview of the position
The Events Associate will join HRF’s Events team, based in NYC. This team is responsible for all aspects of event planning, production, logistics, and execution. Currently, the team executes four international events annually, with several U.S.-based events throughout the year. The Events Associate specifically will assist in the coordination of international travel for guests, sponsors, speakers, and VIPs, learn and understand the registration process for an efficient registration of 1,000+ attendees at events, and have a keen attention to detail.
- Administer attendee registration through event software (Aventri)
- Coordinate and assist event guests from initial registration through live event
- Act as OFF registration specialist on the ground at events; oversee check-in process; assist production team with event software needs
- Coordinate travel and lodging accommodations for event attendees
- Coordinate packing and shipping of conference materials
- Create and maintain OFF conference app
- An understanding of and affinity for HRF’s mission
- 1-2 years experience in event planning and execution
- Prior experience with event registration software (e.g. Aventri) or event apps is highly preferred
- Database experience preferred (Salesforce)
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Self-motivated team player with a high sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information and be discreet
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; possess a friendly, professional demeanor, and positive phone presence
- Fluency in Norwegian, Spanish, or Mandarin is a plus
Salary and Benefits
HRF offers a competitive salary and benefits package including fully covered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.