LPIE’s Events and Communications Coordinator oversees a wide range of educational and fundraising events in support of LPIE’s mission. The Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership in all aspects of the role. This position is responsible for creating and executing an annual communications plan to include marketing and fundraising campaigns. The right candidate will be self-driven and have a background in fundraising, events, communications, and/or volunteer management; great time-management skills; strong attention to detail; and a highly collaborative attitude.
The mission of Lafayette Partners in Education (LPIE) is to support and enrich the education of every child in the Lafayette public schools. LPIE is a local, nonprofit education foundation that supports Lafayette students every day. In 1980, with our schools facing budget cuts due to Proposition 13, an invitation was sent to the community asking for "people who want to help." From this, our education foundation was established to ensure continued educational excellence despite an uncertain funding environment. LPIE raises additional revenue needed to support Lafayette’s six public schools. More information can be found at www.lpie.org.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board President to create an annual events calendar and strategy.
- Manage three educational events a year including a science fair, an art fair, and a high school academic enrichment competition, collaborating closely with Board Chairs.
- Partner with the Events Chair to manage an events committee in coordinating three fundraising events annually, including our signature Gala, a game-based fundraiser such as a Poker or Golf Tournament, and a school-based student fundraiser such as a Read-a-thon.
- Coordinate with the Gala Committee to oversee volunteers in all event aspects, from logistics such as venue and catering, to fundraising components including an auction and raffle. Track guest registration, seating, and auction items in Greater Giving software.
- Support the management of event marketing and design including brand design, registration launch, site design, printed materials, and components of program design, working closely with LPIE’s Graphic Designer.
- Support additional events such as with the Lafayette Chamber and LPIE endowment.
- Support the systemization and implementation of LPIE communications, working with the Executive Director to develop workflows and incorporate a quarterly communications calendar to streamline communications processes.
- Manage external communications to keep LPIE’s website and social media content up-to-date by keeping all information fresh and relevant (e.g. program descriptions, member highlights, photos, videos, etc.) and working closely with volunteers.
- Develop email marketing campaigns in collaboration with the Executive Director and Communications Committee, including The Loop quarterly newsletter and e-blasts.
- Coordinate and lead meetings of the Communications Committee, made up of community volunteers.
- Manage newsletter submissions in collaboration with the six Lafayette public schools, Lafayette Chamber, and City of Lafayette.
- Manage LPIE’s listserv in Constant Contact, working with the Fundraising Administrator to ensure constituent emails remain accurate and up-to-date.
- Support communications for the LPIE endowment.
Administration & Organizational Support (10%)
- Provide basic office administrative support such as developing agendas and facilitating staff meetings, and contributing to team planning.
- Contribute to LPIE team culture and help build a healthy and sustainable workplace.
- Attend professional development opportunities to maintain current best practices and follow trends in events, communications, and the non-profit education sector.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Lived and/or professional experience related to event management.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; passion for writing and editing.
- Highly collaborative working style with excellent relationship-building skills, volunteer management, and positive contribution to LPIE’s organizational culture.
- Extremely organized, friendly, creative, and self-starting, with microscopic attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high-quality standards for online content, printed materials, and other external communications.
- Ability to self-manage tasks and deadlines.
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Fundraising experience in the non-profit sector.
- Interest in TK-12 education.
- Experience managing fundraising platforms such as Greater Giving and Donor Perfect, or similar.
- Experience managing communications platforms such as Constant Contact, social media sites, and Wix, or similar.
- Basic graphic design skills such as Canva and Adobe Illustrator.
This is a full-time position based in our Lafayette office beginning May 2023. The starting salary for this position is $65,000 with 2 weeks paid vacation, plus holidays. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
How To Apply
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, queries, or faxed applications will be accepted.
Lafayette Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer that encourages leaders from BIack, Indigenous, all People of Color, and other historically marginalized communities to apply and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.