Northwest Center is looking for Employment Consultants to join our team!
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you a passionate, self-motivated, innovative, investigative, team-oriented person with sales or social service experience? Northwest Center takes pride in prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Be a part of the team that is leading the workplace inclusion revolution!
Employment Consultants support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to attain or maintain employment. This unique industry allows you to build connections in your community, create local opportunities, and place people in jobs that match their skills. As an entry-level position in the field of disability employment services, this is a great opportunity for those looking to enter a Social Services or Human Services career.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday - Friday; 8 AM - 5 PM
Wage: $19.50 - 21.25 per hour + mileage reimbursement
Our clients need work all over King County and surrounding areas. Employment Specialists operate in location districts called "Pods."
Please select at least 1 location you want to be considered for.
★ North Seattle Pod: (Example: South Shoreline, University District, Greenlake, Ballard, Queen Anne)
★ Central/South Seattle Pod: (Example: Downtown Seattle, Central District, W. Seattle, Columbia City, Delridge)
★ South Pod: (Example: Renton, Seatac, Kent, Federal Way, Tukwila)
- Excellent medical benefits, elective dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Verizon Wireless employee discount
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
✶ Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19.
- Providing one-on-one career coaching and retention services for adults with disabilities
- Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
- Building skills and confidence of clients to find employment through resume creation, interview preparation, on-site job training, benefits planning, person-centered planning, assessments services, etc.
- Engaging with community partners to connect clients with support services
- Building relationships with local companies to create job opportunities
- Plus a multitude of other industry-specific support services
- One or more years experience working in direct service, job coaching, or disability-focused human services field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A flexible schedule to support clients when they work, which may include occasional weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit our website at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o0VOgfwJ&s=FoundationList