Mission: To revolutionize the status and well being of companion animals.
Maddie's Fund is a family foundation founded in 1994 by Workday co-founder Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl, who have endowed the Foundation with more than $300 million. Since then, they have awarded more than $172 million in grants toward increased community lifesaving, shelter medicine education, and pet adoptions across the U.S. The Duffields named Maddie's Fund after their Miniature Schnauzer, Maddie, who always made them laugh and comforted them during stressful business times when Dave was launching a startup software company. Maddie was with Dave and Cheryl from 1987-1997 and continues to inspire them today.
Maddie’s Fund is the fulfillment of a promise to an inspirational dog and the creation of a goal towards achieving a no-kill nation where all healthy and treatable shelter dogs and cats are guaranteed a loving home. #ThanksToMaddie.
The Education Specialist is primarily responsible for collaborating with the education team to develop learning objectives, topics, curricula and content for educational initiatives. Additionally, this person will assess the effectiveness of educational initiatives and make recommendations for improvement to the leadership team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and organizing assigned projects, schedules and resources
- Delivering timely successful assigned project outcomes
- Research and identify key organizations that are utilizing best practices and make recommendations to management of who Maddie’s Fund should support and/or partner to further reach our mission
- View newsletters, blogs, and forums, attend conferences, etc.
- Work with education team to determine training needs, target audiences and subject matter experts
- Decide on the criteria used to judge the learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Assist with on-site and on-line learning experience and coordinate activities as necessary
- Work with the grants team and partners to ensure that the process is monitored and managed through completion
- Point person for apprenticeship programs
- Point person for the coordination of the LMS system and direct administration of the communication with technology regarding aspects of the system
- Assess the effectiveness of on-site and on-line educational initiatives and make recommendations for improvement
- Attend external conferences and host a Maddie’s Educational information booth, as requested
- Maintain awareness of new concepts and ideas related to primary job duties, and share pertinent information with the Maddie’s team
- Utilize technology to maximize efficiency and ease of use of programs
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories
- Lesson and curriculum planning
- Ability to write, edit and use computer based technology to consolidate and prepare quality on-site educational materials
- Natural ability to connect with people and animals
- Prior research and data analysis experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Internet)
- Ability to learn proprietary web software required
- Must have an eagerness in learning how to work in various technical platforms, including SmartSheets, GoogleDocs, YouTube, ProProfs, Survey Monkey, Articulate Storyline, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as a member of a small, close-knit team
- Highly organized and close attention to detail
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace
- Must be a compassionate advocate of animal welfare and the mission of Maddie’s Fund
- Adherence to Maddie’s Fund’s strategic goals and core values a must
- Must have an open, positive attitude and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment where a diversity of opinion is valued and encouraged
- Must be able to deal effectively, politely, and interact productively with all types of people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations.
- Ability to solve problems in an ever-changing environment; high degree of flexibility and adaptability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) with preferred emphasis in Education, Communication, English, Social Science or a related field
This position may require local travel and may include evenings or weekend hours as needed for events.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should include the following:
- Why do you want to work for Maddie's Fund?
- How will you add immediate value in this role?
- Describe key competencies that you feel would define your success in this position.
Employment at Maddie’s Fund is employment at-will and may be terminated at the will of either Maddie’s Fund or the employee. Prior to making an offer of employment, Maddie’s Fund may conduct a job-related background check.