Position Open Until Filled.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC) (“Legal Aid Society”) seek a full-time (40 hours/week) education outreach coordinator to work in our Cincinnati office. The Legal Aid Society is southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through legal assistance. Legal Aid serves clients in Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our nationally recognized Kids in School Rule! program and be part of our Children’s Practice Group. Position responsibilities include:
- Communicating, coordinating, and problem solving with child welfare and school staff to support the education success of children in the custody of Hamilton County Job and Family Services;
- Working closely with Legal Aid Society attorneys and paralegals to support the educational success of students involved with the child welfare system; and
- Advocating for school success for students involved with the child welfare system by implementing interventions through attendance at school and provider meetings.
- Compiling data and creating reports on education outcomes of students in KISR!
The Legal Aid Society offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and a positive work environment. The rate of pay is dependent on experience.
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in education, social work or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work in teams.
- Experience working with school and child welfare staff.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organized, accurate, and attentive to detail.
How To Apply
Candidates must submit all of the listed items as Word or pdf documents attached to an email:
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in this position;
- Current resume; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Email your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Education Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interviews will be arranged by Employer. Please do not call.