2nd Pres Weekday School values staff for their wonder and curiosity, their skill and knowledge, and their commitment to families. We are seeking reflective co-teachers for the 2021-2022 school year for our toddler classrooms, as well as a position in our Extended Day program.
2nd Pres teachers practice INTENTIONAL TEACHING - employing thoughtful use of both indoor and outdoor environments - provoking children to discover, problem-solve, create, and share ideas through multi-sensory learning experiences. With the teacher-child relationship as the foundation, our Weekday School uniquely develops the six strengths children need to view the world positively and navigate the world successfully. The toddler classroom position is a co-teaching position from 8:30am-12:45pm with opportunities to work up to 34 hours.
The toddler classroom position is responsible for developing a cohesive relationship with his/her teaching partner, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. The teacher must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The teacher must also be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, work effectively with colleagues, and resolve parental concerns.
- In weekly planning sessions coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, parent night events and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE preferred. Salary is commensurate with degree or experience.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Hayley Abell at email@example.com.