Montalvo Arts Center is a multidisciplinary organization, located on a historic, 175-acre, public park in the Santa Cruz foothills in the heart of the Silicon Valley. For over eight decades, Montalvo has fostered a vision of creativity, experimentation, and universal access to the arts. Built around the national historic landmark “Villa Montalvo,” and gardens and grounds designed by the landscape designer of Golden Gate Park, Montalvo embraces art as the ultimate gift to humanity, an enduring treasure, and a place where all people can belong and find enrichment through the arts.
Montalvo is in search of a Donor Operations Specialist to join our Development team. The Donor Operations Specialist provides database management and administrative support for fundraising in the areas of constituency management, gift reporting, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, donor recognition and tracking. This position works closely with Funds Development and Special Events committees and the Finance Department to ensure proper coding of gifts and pledges.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update the Tessitura database: enter and code all gifts, pledges/payments, in-kind donations, ensure all constituent and gift information is accurate and up-to-date, run daily/weekly/monthly/annual reports for various departments.
- Track outstanding annual and campaign pledges and monitor pledge payment activity and reminders for senior management.
- Strategize appeal and income opportunities throughout the year.
- Provide status reports to assist in monitoring fund-raising activities.
- Create renewal solicitation letters, and end of fiscal year/annual funds solicitation lists.
- Produce gift acknowledgment letters, donor cards etc.
- Reconcile gift receipt records with the Finance department.
- Participate in the Funds Development Committee meetings.
- Assist department managers in the roll-out of all special events, committee meetings, etc., and meeting arrangements.
- Attend performances, concerts, donor dinners, and other programs at Montalvo that allow for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated fundraising responsibility within organizations – preferably the arts.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and working knowledge of Tessitura or similar database software, is required.
- Ability to understand and support the needs and interests of donors in order to sustain relationships between them and Montalvo.
- Ability to see and understand the objectives of various giving groups, the membership, special events and institutional giving groups, and to integrate the annual fund program with those objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail and follow-through.
- Capacity to multi-task under pressure. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals. Use independent judgment and produce a quality product within tight time constraints.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
- Typical office environment; requires the ability to remain seated at a computer workstation for extended periods. Some job functions may be performed outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Telecommuting offered one day a week.
- Local travel is required; must have a valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle and clean DMV record.
Compensation: $28.00 - $31.00 per hour
Benefits: Montalvo offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance (employee coverage is paid 100% by company); generous PTO, FSA; and 401(K) retirement plan.
How To Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter summarizing your skills and experience related to the position, your resume, and salary requirements to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls about the position, please. Position is open until filled. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
For more detailed information about Montalvo Arts Center visit our website at montalvoarts.org.
Montalvo Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.
Montalvo Arts Center requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except as required by law. Any employment offer will be contingent upon satisfactory proof that you are fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law.