Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships (DSP) will lead Tides’ Strategic Partnerships (SP) team and a segmented audience approach to target and proactively grow new, well aligned clients and revenue at Tides. The DSP will play an instrumental role in refining and implementing Tides’ business development and outreach strategies to four key audience segments: foundations, corporate partners, individual and family donors, and social change leaders. The DSP will lead Tides’ sales cycle and efforts to drive conversion of new business opportunities that are a fit with Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach (VMA) through consultative sales efforts across all segments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The DSP will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Marketing to refine and implement a customer lifecycle approach to formalize marketing and sales processes at Tides. These efforts will be implemented in close collaboration with Marketing and Communications and Client Services teams for ongoing engagement and conversion of segment leads. The DSP is responsible for the entire sales cycle for philanthropic advisory and fiscal sponsorship services from design of engagement through outreach, closing, contracting and hand off to the client support teams for onboarding.
The position will supervise a small team managing new business opportunities, including a Senior Advisor and Advisor focused on key segment growth, and intake and onboarding of converted opportunities, as well as a Coordinator providing administrative support for the sales cycle pipeline and reporting. The DSP’s leadership of SP will guide overall segment strategies for new client acquisition and intake processes and procedures of new clients.
The DSP will work closely and collaboratively with Directors across the organization to develop, implement and advise Tides’ Executive Team on key organizational and personnel policies. In addition, the DSP will collaborate directly with service team Directors and team leads in Finance, Legal Risk and Compliance, HR, Business Operations and Client Services on ongoing new client assessment, intake and onboarding process refinement, service offering strategy refinement, and pricing.
The position is based in San Francisco and will require 20% travel, primarily to New York City and other east coast cities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree, especially MBA preferred, or equivalent business/partnership development experience.
· 12+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in field of nonprofit management, impact investment, charitable intermediaries, or consulting and/or philanthropic advising or consulting.
· Knowledge of Donor Advised Funds and Fiscal Sponsorship tools strongly preferred.
· Deep skills in mission-based consultative selling. Track record of success in developing new client relationships and moving prospects to satisfied clients while holding firm to vision and mission.
· Experience developing and implementing an internal sales process and managing a small sales team. This would include building a motivated, high-performance team as well as managing a pipeline and keeping contacts current in Salesforce.
· Superb verbal and written communication skills, including proposal and report development and presentation with clients and other stakeholders. A compelling presenter to groups and at conferences.
· Experience developing high-impact marketing materials that support the organization’s brand.
· Strong data analytic skills, including the ability to assimilate and present information in a clear and concise manner, as well as the ability to put information within a
· Skilled at working with high-net-worth individuals, senior foundation leaders, and corporate executives.
· Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with experience working in complex team settings.
· Leader with demonstrated experience working in a complex, collaborative environment.
· Highly motivated for success and working toward both mission and financial goals.
· Entrepreneurial drive to develop and build innovation pilots that show potential to increase Tides impact in the social change field.
· Able to simultaneously manage multiple demands with comfort.
· Holds self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results.
· Maintains a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgment in all working relationships and related duties.
· Demonstrated commitment to social change and ability to engage in strategic thinking and conversation around issues of shared prosperity and social justice.
· Proficiency with Salesforce as a lead management tool required.
To apply, please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. If you are interested in learning more about Tides benefits please visit our career page.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Reasonable accommodation will also be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ac3db27c-a187-40fa-b974-0902020e297a&jobId=300237&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001