The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and strategic leader to join the team as a Director of Strategy, Learning, and Evaluation (“SLED Director” / “The Director”). This new position has been created to help lead the Foundation in its current five-year strategic planning process and growing strategic learning practice. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Strategy and Programs (VPSP), the Director will work collaboratively with Foundation staff to design and implement a coordinated and comprehensive strategy, learning, and evaluation framework that advances the Foundation’s mission. The Director must have the demonstrated ability to manage and lead a department while simultaneously possessing the ability to work collegially with peers and colleagues to ensure alignment and effective delivery of SLED programs.
The Director will also be responsible for providing thought leadership and team oversight around best in-class strategy, evaluation, and the ongoing development and revision of the learning plans within Strategy, Evaluation, and Learning Division (SLED) and across the Foundation. Strategy, learning, and evaluation are at the core of the Hilton Foundation, and the Division been designed to play a central role in providing actionable information that helps inform decision-making about individual grants as well as overall strategy. The Foundation is dedicated to learning not only from their own grantmaking, but also with and from our grantees and partners in the field. Through a strategic approach to learning, the Foundation aims to develop stronger long-term plans and strategies to achieve the greatest impact.
ABOUT THE CONRAD N. HILTON FOUNDATION
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. The Foundation provides funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.8 billion in grants globally through grantmaking programs and Humanitarian Prize work. The Foundation’s assets are approximately $2.8 billion, with significant growth in the endowment expected over the next two years. The Foundation is located in the renovated former headquarters of Dole Food Company in the Westlake Village, California, a city in Los Angeles County on its northern border with Ventura.
For more information about the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, please visit https://www.hiltonfoundation.org.
- Master’s degree required (PhD preferred) in policy, planning, or evaluation fields
- At least 10 years of experience leading and managing teams, implementing strategy, learning, and evaluation activities in an entrepreneurial philanthropic environment with a focus on metrics and data-driven decision making
- A commitment to strategic philanthropy
- Ability to process large amounts of complex information and present concise conclusions drawn from this information to a variety of audiences
- Exceptional project management, prioritization and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Ability to effectively operationalize program department goals and Board directives
- Familiarity with content and evaluation strategies across a range of content areas in both domestic and international contexts
- Deep knowledge of best practices in philanthropy
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in selecting and working with external evaluators, managing a portfolio of initiatives and strategic evaluations, working closely with staff to assure that the evaluations provide quality, useful and timely information to drive strategic impact
- Experience implementing and managing a broad variety of qualitative and quantitative evaluation projects and knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working for a philanthropic foundation or with a strategy consulting firm that has worked in the social sector
How To Apply
Michelle R.S. Bonoan and Navid Nakai of Koya Leadership Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. All expressions of interest and recommendations will be maintained in the strictest of confidence. To express your interest in this role please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here or by email to Michelle and/or Navid at the following:
Michelle R.S. Bonoan
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.