JAG-K is a 501(c)3 non-profit that partners with public schools to offer an elective class that provides academic and other positive supports to ensure students earn their diploma. By exploring career opportunities and practicing soft skills, students are prepared to successfully transition to post-secondary education, military service, or into the workforce following their graduation. JAG-K is a state affiliate of the national JAG program network which operates in 35 different states and territories. In the 20-21 school year JAG-K will serve 78 programs, 43 schools and more than 4,000 students across Kansas.
Director of Strategic Advancement
The Director of Strategic Advancement is responsible for leading the organization's advancement and through well-planned development and marketing strategies. This position is responsible for all aspects of fundraising including annual campaigns, major gift cultivation, endowment building and grant management. Additional responsibilities include developing strategic alliances with Kansas businesses in order to attract new revenue sources and opportunities for JAG-K students. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and works closely with the Executive Leadership Team. This position requires frequent travel across Kansas.
· Establishes annual forecasting goals and budgets, in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team
and Development Committee, for private and public sector funds.
· Assumes responsibility for all newsletters, communication, reports, and promotional materials necessary for achieving institutional goals including an annual development report for the board.
· Coordination of grant procurement, including identification of potential grants, grant writing and management of federal, state, foundation and corporate grant proposals.
· Monitors grant spending and timely submission of any required grant funder reports in collaboration with the Program Managers.
· Identifies, researches, and cultivates existing and new funding partners statewide.
· Develops and implements models for class-based student/alumni fundraising programs involving JAG-K Program Management Team.
· Researches and develops federal funding opportunities that have promise for the organization and are in line with organization goals and mission.
· Provides interim and final reports to donors on how funds have been used following organization guidelines or goals.
· Utilizes the JAG-K Board of Directors, the Board Strategic Advancement Committee, staff and volunteers to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
· Manages, utilizes and develops the donor database system to improve efficiencies within the program.
· Ability to educate a variety of constituencies about the JAG-K program by making formal presentations
· Assist with management of special events including statewide student activities and assures investors are recognized appropriately.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree
· A minimum of five years of planning, development and communications experience required.
· A demonstrated understanding of effective fundraising and development techniques and systems.
· Positive personality, high energy, and team-oriented approach to work assignments.
· Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
· Proven skills to effectively organize, manage,and achieve multiple goals and priorities.
· Familiarity with youth related issues and development.
· Willingness and ability to travel with valid Kansas driver's license and proof of insurance.
· Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.