Project Adventure (PA) is an international, non-profit organization, headquartered in Massachusetts. The mission of Project Adventure—an innovative teaching organization—is to provide leadership in the expansion of adventure-based programming. Project Adventure seeks to develop responsible individuals, productive organizations and sustainable communities.
Project Adventure is seeking a full-time coordinator to direct its social and emotional (SEL) learning programs. Responsibilities include training and supervision of internal staff, development of training and instructional manuals, assessment tools, and promotional materials, marketing and networking, and serving as the voice of Project Adventure at state, regional, and national conferences related to SEL. Strong familiarity with K-12 public and provide school systems, teaching and/or counseling background (Master’s degree required), supervisory experience, and familiarity with CASEL standards required.
- Co-create curriculum Social Emotional Learning
- Work to plan and implement SEL activities
- Support staff updating SEL curriculum and staying up to date with new standards and best practices
- Work on leadership initiatives (development cycles & needs assessments) and consider planning entrepreneur ideas that benefit the youth and the community
- 7+ years experience working in senior leadership role, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree in management, education or nonprofit management
- Proven organizational skills of a high order and credibility in the adventure education field are beneficial
- Experience leading in an organization that requires cross-functional collaboration
- Strong written and oral communications skills, attention to details and high level of comfort with deadlines
- Commitment to working in a mission-driven, innovation-oriented organization
- Reserves of energy, a good sense of humor, and a contagious enthusiasm
- Ability to support and maximize the effectiveness of a diverse and creative staff
- Strong affinity to outdoor education or teambuilding desired
Diverse, creative and dynamic work environment; medical/dental plan; paid holidays; paid vacation, paid life insurance, 403B retirement plan, cell phone stipend. Beautiful, pristine work setting at Moraine Farm campus
Salary is commensurate with experience. Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Email your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com with “Director of SEL” as the subject line. We will contact you if we would like to set up an interview. No phone calls please. Project Adventure is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.