PowerMyLearning is a nonprofit that advances educational equity and accelerates student success. Our programs promote culturally relevant teaching practices, foster social-emotional learning, and help students reach rigorous learning standards. We offer school- and district-level packages that include professional development for teachers and capacity-building workshops for families. We also offer an award-winning innovation, Family Playlists®. What sets us apart from other organizations is our focus on activating the power of collaboration between students, teachers, and families. Now more than ever, our collective efforts to accelerate learning recovery must address the needs of the whole child and include families so we can reverse the systematic denial of educational opportunity based on race, class, language, and learning differences.
The Director of Research is responsible for establishing the vision and objectives for evaluating the impact of PowerMyLearning's products and services, overseeing ongoing data collection and analysis, and spearheading the development of a culture of data-driven continuous improvement across the organization.
The Director of Research reports to the President of PowerMyLearning. This role is a key member of PowerMyLearning's leadership team and will be the leading internal and external voice of our research work. The Senior Manager, Research & Program Operations (SMRPO) reports to the Director of Research.
- Continue development and execution of Strategic Evidence Plan around PowerMyLearning's Family Playlist initiative
- Oversee the strategy for collecting and analyzing evidence about the outcomes of PowerMyLearning's Professional Development and Family Workshop services
- As part of the evidence gathering effort, design and support implementation of research studies that enable PowerMyLearning to develop a strong evidence base about our products and services
- As part of the evidence gathering effort, support and guide the SMRPO in establishing survey instruments for program constituents, enabling accurate data collection by program staff, and producing data reports and analyses for program improvement and grant reporting
- Lead the organization in developing a culture of data-driven continuous improvement and adopting best practices around evaluation and monitoring
- Serve as PowerMyLearning's Subject Matter Expert for the research component of grant proposals and reports
- Manage relationships with external research partners and advisors
- Interface with schools and districts and third party Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) as needed to implement PowerMyLearning's research agenda
Required Candidate Qualifications
- Passion for PowerMyLearning's mission
- Ph.D. in related field such as Education, Psychology, or Psychometrics
- Deep experience in applied research methodology and execution
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders, including researchers, educators, and senior leaders
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Qualified candidates can apply by visiting https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/. You will need to submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter (outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you heard about this opportunity).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is committed to building a diverse team of staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.