Title: Director of Real Estate
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx NY 10452
Reports to: Senior Vice President
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
Job Summary: The Director of Real Estate manages WHEDco’s real estate portfolio.
- Asset management of WHEDco’s real estate portfolio, consisting of three buildings with 565 affordable dwelling units and 70,000 SF of commercial space. Oversee third-party property managing agents. Supervise budgeting, predict and plan capital expenditures. Respond to reporting and compliance requests from funding agencies. Prepare periodic asset management reports for relevant board committees.
- Oversee residential and commercial renovations of WHEDco’s real estate portfolio. Assist in securing funding for capital improvements from public and private sources. Coordinate professionals including architects, attorneys, engineers and general contractors.
- Supervise project manager for tenant improvements of three new spaces totaling 20,000 SF, including an arts facility, an office space and a retail storefront.
- Oversee WHEDco’s sustainability and green building efforts, including a cogeneration plant and two rooftop farms. Secure operating cost reductions through agency incentive programs.
- Manage facility security and reception.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, accounting or an undergraduate degree with certificates in a related field such as asset management or construction management.
- At least 5 years of project/asset management experience, preferably with affordable housing.
- Master’s degree candidates with 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Commitment to community development and work in low-income communities is preferred.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.