Important: You MUST know at least one South Asian Language to apply as well as experience in a relevant field.
Since 1989, ASHA for Women has been providing community based, culturally competent services within the Washington Metropolitan Area to South Asian women and their children experiencing domestic violence. We have recently included services to South Asian Seniors. Our mission is to provide the support that enables South Asian women to become self-reliant and live in an abuse free future, as well as providing guidance to South Asian seniors and caregivers in the D.C. Metro area.
Position: Full Time. Individual must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule when necessary. No overtime but flex time will be offered. During Covid, work will be remote. Thereafter, once the situation is better, you would need to come to the office in Sterling, VA.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs will be responsible for the operational success of ASHA for Women ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Director of Programs will maintain communicative and collaborative relationships with the Board, staff and volunteers as they work toward fulfilling the organizations purpose and mission.
Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the collaboration among program areas, staff, volunteers and the Board.
Program Operations Management: Assist in planning and implementing both Domestic Violence and Senior Programs.
- Volunteer Management - Recruit, hire, and oversee task-oriented training for all volunteers. Assign tasks, supervise and foster relationships with volunteers to ensure retention and integration.
- Grant Writing – Work cooperatively with Grant Writer to complete United Way, World Bank and other grant applications. Compile data and prepare grant reports.
- Fundraising - Organize and manage fund raising events.
- Marketing - Assist with drafting and implementing the marketing plan.
- Outreach and Communication - Seek out outreach opportunities and promote the organization through presentations to community groups, working collaboratively with the Outreach Director. Respond to emails from the community regarding the organization.
- Coordinate tasks with the organization’s creative writer and assist in preparing quarterly newsletter.
- Staff Support – Provide assistance and coverage to the staff, when warranted, to deliver client services in a timely manner. Also supervise undergraduate and graduate level interns as needed.
- Reporting and Data Compilation – Maintain comprehensive and accurate statistics on all services provided. Submit monthly reports to the Board.
- Update and maintain the Constant Contact email system.
- Participate in weekly service coordination meetings.
- Complete DV/Senior Service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a very organized individual with team management and social services experience to join a growing organization with an outstanding reputation.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Gerontology, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience with two of those in a team management role.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and for program management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with Excel.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people with measurable outcomes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial and adaptable.
- Cultural proficiency in South Asian cultures and knowledge of at least one south Asian language.
- Must be proficient in using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Clean motor vehicle and background checks required for successful candidate.
- Personal qualities of integrity, positive attitude, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for ASHA for Women’s mission.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide 2 references when requested.