AGENCY OVERVIEW: Westside Children’s Center (WCC) exists to give at-risk children and children living in poverty the foundation they need to increase their life choices and lead fulfilling lives. For over 25 years, WCC has been providing thousands of at-risk children and their families with critical, high-quality early education programs, family strengthening interventions, foster care and adoption services, and a range of vital, integrated services, including educational assessments, disabilities screenings, nutrition, dental and vision screenings, and pediatric health consultations.
JOB SUMMARY: The position of Director of Programs serves a variety of agency-wide functions as well as functions within the child welfare and clinical programs. The responsibilities of this position include oversight of all child welfare and clinical programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the operations of all child welfare and clinical programs including Family Preservation, Prevention and Aftercare, Resource Family Approval, Adoptions, First 5 –First Connections, Westside Infant Network Contract, and Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Program and clinical internship.
- Facilitate staff meetings and Leadership Team Meetings for child welfare and clinical programs
- Ensure all clinical services meet legal and ethical standards for confidentiality Oversee subcontracts and MOUs related to child welfare and clinical programs
- Participate in the development of budgets and review and analyze monthly financial reports to assess budget status and to initiate preventative measures as needed
- Provide direction to supervisors and program staff to ensure optimal client services
- Provide individual supervision to direct report staff
- Monitor, review and sign off on all relevant documents completed by staff per contract and agency requirements
- Develop and maintain program protocols, service delivery standards, and cultivate new and innovative partnerships to best serve children and their families
- Oversee child welfare and clinical program quality assurance
- Participate as a member of the Performance and Quality Improvement Team and Risk Management Team
- Hires and supervises program Directors and Managers of DCFS and clinical programs who are responsible for: ensuring the agency provides optimal client services to the required number of families each month in order to meet DCFS contract requirements and to maximize the contract allocation; ensuring internal and external audits are in compliance and deliverables are met; as well as developing funding applications including grants, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Information
- Collaborate on topics for staff and other agency trainingsAttend funder-mandated evaluation, trainings, and meetings
- Complete additional funder reporting documentation as required
- Proactively participate and represent the agency in meetings, trainings and conferences
- Ensure safety is a priority in performing all job responsibilities
- Evening and weekend work required
- In accordance with our "team" philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description
- Staff must believe in and act in accordance with both the Agency's and the program's mission/vision statements, adopted theoretical frameworks, and philosophy
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Psychologist
- Minimum of four years of clinical supervision and management experience
- Experience overseeing County of Los Angeles contracts preferred
- Clinical experience with at-risk populations, parenting, child abuse, and clients with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively establish rapport and maintain appropriate boundaries with supervisees, staff and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Commitment to teamwork
- Basic computer skills required – Word, Excel, Software applications
- Experience working with diverse groups and populations
- Class “C” driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Access to reliable transportation
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus but not required.
- Passionate about learning and possesses curiosity about issues affecting children and families
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and families who are served by our agency.
Westside Children’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants and seeks to hire qualified staff who reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Full benefits package offered including employer contribution to: Health, Dental, Vision; 401k with employer match, Employee Assistance Program, professional development, sick leave, vacation, personal days for anniversary of employment and birthday.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com