Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative (QLHC), a 501c3 was established in 2005 as a collaboration between medical researchers at University of California, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. Our mission is to integrate high-impact research with clinical processes and systems technology, resulting in improved data management and information systems, greater access to clinical trial matching and sponsorship, and greater benefit to providers, patients, and researchers.
Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative supports the development and implementation of innovative ways to deliver better, less costly healthcare. QLHC is committed to establishing unique collaborations across the medical, technology and bioscience industries: all necessary components to accelerate healthcare research into the marketplace. Its efforts focus on quality-of-care and quality-of-life issues, and to create initiatives that foster excellent clinical practices using quality improvement disciplines with a strong patient-centric focus.
Modeled after Silicon Valley’s entrepreneurial culture with an added social value objective, QLHC’s social-entrepreneurial model embodies:
- Identifying clinical and research efforts with a potential for high impact
- Providing financial and managerial assistance
- Forming organizations and management teams to grow proven ideas into products
- Securing funding in stages as efforts mature
- Creating strategic partnerships committed to developing high-value healthcare services and products
For more information, please visit https://www.quantumleaphealth.org/
Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative (QLHC) is looking for its first full-time Director of Marketing to join their senior leadership team. This high-performing individual will be responsible for building the marketing program and team from the ground up, working closely with leadership including co-founder Dr. Laura Esserman, an internationally recognized breast surgeon and breast oncology specialist, and reporting to CEO, James Palazzolo. This position will leverage internal expertise and digest medical information to develop and implement integrated marketing and communication strategies that build awareness, drive interest and understanding, and accelerate revenue-generation to meet mission and business goals.
The ideal candidate has a strong healthcare marketing background and is a hybrid marketer - equal parts strategic mastermind, creative problem-solver, brand champion, and data-driven storyteller. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a person who is at a point in their career where they not only want to grow professionally but are able to build the foundation for effective marketing, and in partnership with the CEO, teach the rest of the organization about the integral role of marketing to the long-term sustainable success of QLHC.
The posting reports to CEO James Palazzolo.
- Working closely with the CEO, develop org-wide and program specific strategic marketing plans and implement tactics to:
- Build QLHC’s brand and significantly improve the awareness and understanding of QLHC’s work and impact.
- Communicate updated trial matching services; and
- Reinvigorate donor communications and opportunities to give
- Build a strong x-channel marketing function for QLHC including annual budgets, and structures and systems that create effective internal and external communication flows, project management, collaboration, coordination, and review and approval processes and procedures
- Lead annual strategic marketing planning
- Implement and manage all digital marketing activities including QLHC’s social media channels; grow following and increase engagement opportunities
- Work closely with the Director of Development to create innovative, donor-centric marketing campaigns to support fundraising events and goals
- Work with the JEDI committee to create outreach/partnership strategy and marketing materials to diversify QLHC and improve solutions by connecting with different communities and giving vulnerable populations more equitable access to our clinical trials
- Analyze and understand QLHC’s different markets, audiences, and competitors; develop, present, and implement long-term strategies that better target key audiences and opportunities to grow involvement and revenue
- Define brand guidelines to build brand consistency and strength across marketing channels and materials
- Identify and manage external resources to help deliver marketing programs
- Develop PR plan and media relations; write and distribute press releases; act as spokesperson
- Facilitate collaborative communication opportunities with partners
- As budget and needs develop, recruit, onboard, and mentor marketing team
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Deep understanding of multi-channel marketing and communications with significant track record of success in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement a marketing plan and team from scratch
- Results-oriented strategic and creative thinker with an exceptional “hands-on” attitude
- Ability to digest and deconstruct medical information, research, issues and challenges, in order to reconstruct stories for different audiences
- Strong data and analytical skills with a test-to-improve ROI mindset
- Socially and emotionally mature with strong people management and listening skills
- Diplomatic leader with the ability to build trust and inspire team members
- Experience in optimizing fundraising opportunities and building donor relations through marketing
- Honed PR and presentation skills with the ability to pitch the 30,000-foot view and dive into the details in equal measure to a variety of audiences including the press
- Understanding of multiple marketing, communications, fundraising and project management software applications including Microsoft Office and Google Suite, Jira and/or Wrike.
- Organized, accountable, and transparent; able to manage expectations, prioritize, and make decisions while building consensus
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with magnetic interpersonal skills
- Flexible, resourceful, and solution-orientated
- 10+ years of marketing experience with similar responsibilities in a related industry
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in healthcare industry or exposure to the clinical world in a for profit or nonprofit environment a must
- MBA in marketing and/or bachelor’s degree in a related field/discipline from an accredited college or university required or equivalent work experience
- Passion for and dedication to QLHC’s mission-driven, and life-saving work
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $150,000 to $225,000 plus full benefits.
To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, Cook Silverman Search will continue to post salary ranges on all its job descriptions moving forward. The practice of not posting salaries perpetuates the gender wage gap and discriminates against people of color by causing individuals to negotiate from a disadvantaged starting point.
Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative requires that all its employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Kate Harle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Send a PDF of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com