Remote Position - Work Full Time From Home!
Organization Background: interACT: Advocates for Intersex Youth is a national nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to raising intersex visibility, empowering young intersex advocates and promoting laws and policies that protect intersex youth. (Intersex describes a person born with one of more physical sex characteristics that don’t match up with what is typically thought of as either “male” or “female”.)
Nearly 2% of the population is born with intersex traits and historically intersex babies and youth have been subjected to medically unnecessary intervention (like cosmetic genital surgeries) without their consent in attempt to fit them into binary notions of male or female sex.
interACT is a 501(c) 3 incorporated in CA and is over 12 years old. It is the largest organization in the world dedicated to fighting for the human right of bodily autonomy and decision making power for all intersex youth. Our small staff works from remote home offices in various U.S. locations and our Executive Director works from Sudbury, MA.
The Director of Individual Giving will play a central role in the growth of fundraising at an exciting time of expansion and impact at interACT! Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious development professional with a successful track record looking to move into a leadership position. Here, you’ll be part of a collegial, collaborative team; experience ample professional and personal advancement; and build relationships with a passionate community of supporters from day one.
If you share our belief in intersex rights and that every intersex child has a right to bodily autonomy free from unnecessary medical intervention, and are at your professional best bringing donors together with life-changing causes, join us in protecting the rights of intersex youth!
The goal of this position is to significantly increase interACT’s annual budget, capacity and impact. The Director of Individual Giving will be given quarterly and annual goals and expected to increase revenue from year to year. If successful, there is potential to be promoted to Development Director.
- Create and execute strategies to engage and deepen relationships with donors
- Develop cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for current, prospective and lapsed supporters
- Improve upon current donor management system and design portfolios
- Build and manage relationships with a portfolio of donors
- Work with volunteer leaders to elevate and grow giving efforts
- Expand existing annual giving direct mail and various digital fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate and manage fundraising events
- Report regularly on giving activity and progress made toward revenue and engagement goals
All candidates must have a “can do” attitude, and be able to work proactively and autonomously, and collaboratively with a remote team of staff and volunteers.
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful individual giving fundraising experience, ideally with a small to mid-sized nonprofit
- Proficiency using CRM systems to manage fundraising activities and reporting. Experience using “Little Green Light” (LGL) is a plus.
- Knowledge of strategies and techniques to fuel annual fund growth
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, comfort interacting with donors at all giving levels and partnering with leadership-level staff and volunteers
- Ability to write effectively, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience planning and managing events that achieve goals
- Commitment to excellence and best practice
- Enthusiasm for interACT’s mission
- Familiarity with social justice issues and the LGBTQIA+ community preferred
- Based in the Northeast a plus (but not required)
- Work from Home
- Flexible Schedule
- Extremely Generous Amount of both Planned and Unplanned Paid Time-Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
How To Apply
To apply, please forward 1) letter of interest 2) resume and 3) references to:
Bill Lorenz, Operations Manager operations@interACTadvocates.org
We enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. interACT is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability (including HIV status), ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and expression, marital status, matriculation, national origin, physical appearance, race, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, union membership, veteran status or other unlawful factors, with respect to recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, discipline, discharge, compensation, training and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.