The Children's Heart Foundation, located in Lincolnshire, IL, is a 20+ year old non-profit organization with the mission to fund the most promising research to advance the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of congenital heart defects (CHDs). CHDs are the most common and deadliest birth defect affecting approximately 40,000 babies per year. CHF has a paid staff of 5-7, and is supported by a strong, passionate network of volunteers in 11 chapters across the country.
Position Description: Director of Finance and Administration
Reports To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: One staff (office manager role)
Key Stakeholders: Staff (5 as of Oct 2018), Chapter Volunteers and Treasurers, Executive Committee Members and National Board Treasurer, third – party fundraisers, auditors
The Director of Finance and Administration, in collaboration with the Executive Director and an office manager role, oversees The Children’s Heart Foundation’s (CHF) 1) overall financial management; 2) Human Resources processes/function; and 3) effective operations of the national office.
In addition, the Director will serve as part of the staff leadership team and contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices to maximize organizational performance.
- Financial reporting, accounting, and related internal controls, including cash management, reconciliations, budget vs. actual comparisons, management of accounting technology, and other related duties, including oversight for data entry, payables, and receivables performed by other staff. (approx. ~40%)
- Supporting and facilitating chapter financial processing and reporting requirements (~10%)
- Managing and directing, in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Medical Advisory Council Chair, CHF’s congenital heart defect research policies, processes, procedures, reporting, and other related facets of our research efforts (~15%)
- Support and oversee donor database quality management (~15%)
- Support and oversee human resources matters such as employee handbook, employee file maintenance and record keeping, and payroll processing (5%)
- Oversee development of and create office / accounting / staff policies, procedures, and process improvement assessments (~10%), including inventory management and controls
- Other duties as assigned (~5%)
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the National Office Team (5-7 staff) for the organization, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial and administrative functions. Working with the team, this position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
How To Apply
Submit cover, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org