Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to search for a Director of Development on behalf of our client, the George H. W. Bush Foundation for U.S.-China Relations; a growing startup nonprofit. Impressively, the organization’s FY19 program raised nearly $1.5M.
About the George H. W. Bush Foundation for U.S.-China Relations:
As the only presidentially named China-focused organization in the United States, the George H. W. Bush Foundation for U.S.-China Relations seeks to advance U.S.-China relations in ways that reflect the ethos and values of President George H. W. Bush, whose visionary, wise, deft and steady stewardship of the U.S.-China relationship during his tenure as President was exemplary of the highest attributes and values of true statesmanship. Through an active, wide-ranging and highly innovative program of activities, the organization promotes the late President’s life-long view that the U.S.-China relationship is the most consequential bilateral relationship in the world and that a positive and constructive relationship between the two countries is in the best interest of both the United States and China as well as the entire global community.
The Director of Development will lead the development program for an energetic and growing team while working full-time remotely. This individual will provide leadership in developing relationships with major gift prospects, in the implementation of stewardship strategies, as well as the management of the organization's key fundraising events. The Director of Development will also partner closely with the President/CEO and other internal stakeholders to ensure successful delivery on fundraising goals and objectives as well as directly solicit and close gifts from major donors and prospects.
- Manage and support the Foundation Chairman and CEO’s relationship with existing donors and C-level executives.
- Plan, develop, and implement robust and creative fundraising programs.
- Lead fundraising initiatives for all the Foundation’s programs.
- Identify, cultivate, build, and solidify relationships with new and established contributors/donors.
- Implement innovative new strategies to bring fresh donors to the Foundation.
- Develop and implement a capital campaign in sync with the yearly Awards Gala.
- Create, monitor, and report on fundraising plans and budgets.
- Lead the strategic increase of institutional philanthropy, especially from foundations and corporations.
- Develop and implement sponsorship strategies for major events, including the Bush China Conference and the Bush China Summit.
- Create and maintain fundraising, marketing and branding materials for both print and electronic dissemination.
- Draft donor-related talking points, event correspondence, collateral materials, social media and web outreach, solicitation, acknowledgment letters, and various other follow-up documents.
- Manage and maintain a database for donors and contributors using Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge.
Compensation & Benefits:
This exciting opportunity offers the ability to make a significant impact at a growing nonprofit committed to advancing U.S.-China relations in ways that reflect the ethos and values of President George H. W. Bush. Starting compensation package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience, plus benefits that comprise medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, paid holidays and more. The organization also offers career advancement opportunities and the flexibility of working remotely full-time!
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Born out of the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at http://www.scionexecutivesearch.com.
Scion is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
- Must have a genuine passion and a deep appreciation for the mission of the
- Experience working closely with executive staff and Board leadership to engage and expand philanthropic support and culture.
- Track record of building donor relationships and closing six and seven-figure gifts.
- 10+ years of nonprofit fundraising expertise.
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with high-net-worth individuals.
- Ambitious, organized, meticulous and polished with a systematic approach.
- Experience designing and implementing fundraising programs including developing corporate sponsorships and capital campaigns.
- Excitement and drive to create and develop a fundraising program in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Work with integrity, good humor and a focus on developing partnerships, building trust and strengthening professional relationships.
- Willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, and to work some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in oral Mandarin Chinese and written Chinese desired but not required.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your application (attaching your resume and cover letter in MS Word) online through https://www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/6429.